I may be exiled and stoned for this...

Grizzog

38 minutes ago, Cinema_head said:

How loud do you listen? If you go loud with chest thumping bass volume.  The h1 or 2 would just get left in the dust by your other speakers. But if you are the type that turns it up to under convo volume so you could hold conversation with someone loud. Then big becomes less useful (less not completely). 

No, I don't crank it when "listening"....to speakers...I know what I'm doing there.  I get what you're saying.

Here we go.  Got the second MC250 today, monoblocked with my other on the Chorus II's....Khorns outside, LS inside.  Fisher 500C top left, Mcintosh MX110Z top right, Scott LK-150 center, MC240 left, MC30's in the back.  Technics SL1400MKII TT, Oppo 105D.  I've got a great switch in between, and can go between the LS and Khorns, and combine them with the Chorus II's, or whatever I decide to put in there.  Not great on my back, but a helluva lot of fun.

sysNov12.jpg

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

No, I don't crank it when "listening"....to speakers...I know what I'm doing there.  I get what you're saying.

Lol I was just rambling and definitely wasn't trying to teach anyone what I was saying. This forum runs circles around my small basics of audio. Sorry if any of my rambling came across like I was trying to do lesson time on common sense :)

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Here we go.  Got the second MC250 today, monoblocked with my other on the Chorus II's....Khorns outside, LS inside.  Fisher 500C top left, Mcintosh MX110Z top right, Scott LK-150 center, MC240 left, MC30's in the back.  Technics SL1400MKII TT, Oppo 105D.  I've got a great switch in between, and can go between the LS and Khorns, and combine them with the Chorus II's, or whatever I decide to put in there.  Not great on my back, but a helluva lot of fun.

sysNov12.jpg

Damn!! :o 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Damn!! :o 

I will take that as a compliment....thanks.  And actually, the listening position is not as close as it looks.  The photo kind of compresses everything, and I've worked out the positioning so that even in their respective spots, they really do compliment each other in many ways.  Not perfectly ideal, but then, that's ok.  I think I'll leave it this way....for a few days.....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Key point.  The K'horn is, and I am only quoting, "mercilessly transparent."  Some don't want that. 

Dave

Dave, I find it interesting that you "quote" that.....i find the La Scala more transparent than the Khorn, and the Jubilee as clinical and transparent as I have ever heard....and you're right, I didn't care for that....Jub.  Heresy!

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

Dave, I find it interesting that you "quote" that.....i find the La Scala more transparent than the Khorn, and the Jubilee as clinical and transparent as I have ever heard....and you're right, I didn't care for that....Jub.  Heresy!

La Scala and Jub are identical to K'horn transparency wise.  There are differences in the octaves covered (both La Scala and Jub) and in dispersion in larger spaces covered (jub) but transparency is not different...at least according to PWK.  While my ears agree, it may be just because I have pretty much a strong bias towards PWK's opinion.

YMMV

Dave

1 hour ago, Cinema_head said:

Lol I was just rambling and definitely wasn't trying to teach anyone what I was saying. This forum runs circles around my small basics of audio. Sorry if any of my rambling came across like I was trying to do lesson time on common sense :)

No, not at all.  It's all good.

• Like 1

Jub and K'horn owners have been in a feud for years.  It is pointless.  The Jub IS superior in lower bass response and wider dispersion...but the K'horn was designed to deliver 98% of the available recorded material at the lowest possible cost for the highest possible accuracy.  The design has never been equaled.  If you are within the limits of the K'horn sound field you won't hear any improvement a/b'ing against Jubs unless there is bass below C1.  Since the Jub doesn't go to C0 where I need for pipe organ, a horn loaded sub is more cost effective to get where I want to be. 

Dave