I may be exiled and stoned for this...

Grizzog

I have now heard every Heritage and Extended Heritage model except the Cornwall. I did own Cornscalas for a bit though, so I can take a decent guess at the Cornwall sound. 

Out of all of them...the Chorus II are my favorite. No speaker is perfect and they all have compromises. The Chorus happens to strike the perfect balance for me. 

Now I could explain why I like them over all the rest, but I wanted to see if I was immediately banned and shunned for not choosing the mighty Khorn first. 

• Like 6

Whole lot of Chorus love going on here lately. I would still expect you to be shunned by many, but you wont be alone. Maybe you guys can start your own forum.

I have only heard one set of Chorus and they were the version I that Matthews had redone and they did sound great.

I'm still a LS (or Belle) guy but have to admit there is a lot of merit in the Chorus I & II!

• Like 3

Never heard Chorus, ones or twos. Owned Fortes, both one and twos, Hereseys, CWalls, Belles, LS, now KHorns. 

No exile, just stone him!! But not until I hear me some Chorus ll -- but what about KLF 30? Never heard those either. 

But at least lets pebble him for dissin' the KHorn!! Just sayin' ---

• Like 1

This is pretty timely for me, cause I'm doing a bit of fooling around with my configuration tonight and over the weekend.....

There's a lot to be said for all of above mentioned, but until you've had the opportunity to A/B/C them with a switch off of the same amp/preamp/source, I'd say it's not even a fair fight between Khorns and Chorus II's.  And honestly, not even a fair fight between La Scala's and Chorus II's either.  The difference in the presentation and imaging is startling to me, and so much more realistic with the Khorns and LS.  Side by side, next to the big boys, the Chorus II and Forte II's just sound so.....congested, and held back.  I will admit that the Chorus and Fortes sound better to me via SS than through tubes.  Because of that, I'm getting another MC250 that I'm going to run monoblock to the Chorus II's, which I think will make a big difference.  

What really, really sounds amazing is either Khorns or La Scala's paired up and running with Chorus IIs/Forte II's.  Level match them, and the combo is freakin' stunning.  Believe me, you don't need no stinkin' sub for La Scala's in that configuration....

Just put in the Crites Ti diaphragms into both Forte II's and Chorus II's, and they sound very good so far.....

• Like 2