I may be exiled and stoned for this...

Grizzog

18 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Whole lot of Chorus love going on here lately. I would still expect you to be shunned by many, but you wont be alone. Maybe you guys can start your own forum.

I have only heard one set of Chorus and they were the version I that Matthews had redone and they did sound great.

I'm still a LS (or Belle) guy but have to admit there is a lot of merit in the Chorus I & II!

Lol start new forum great post sir!! Fell over lmao 

18 hours ago, Grizzog said:

I have now heard every Heritage and Extended Heritage model except the Cornwall. I did own Cornscalas for a bit though, so I can take a decent guess at the Cornwall sound. 

Out of all of them...the Chorus II are my favorite. No speaker is perfect and they all have compromises. The Chorus happens to strike the perfect balance for me. 

Now I could explain why I like them over all the rest, but I wanted to see if I was immediately banned and shunned for not choosing the mighty Khorn first. 

I have to admit when I read your post I really felt a small urge to chuck something at you lmao :rolleyes:. But seriously if have you have heard them all and like the chorus best It would be.... a really hard argument to try and convince you what your ears like best is something else. Not even sure where to start on that campaign :ph34r:

My argument is its physically not posable to get that voice size the bigger ones nail effortlessly . And everyone who has heard that voice even one time knows exactly what I'm saying. Dont even have to try and explain it. If you heard it you know lol.  But that still falls in personal preference so it doesn't argue against the op (even though I start the post "my argument") 

13 minutes ago, Cinema_head said:

I'm still a LS (or Belle) guy but have to admit there is a lot of merit in the Chorus I & II!

LS and Belles are fully horn loaded speakers = superior in that comparison.

I like them in this order: Klipschorn (if you have the corners), Belle (best looking Klipsch speaker), LS, Chorus II, Cornwall, Chorus I, Forte II, Forte I for upper Heritage Klipsch speakers. That said I have Heresy IIs too that we really enjoy around here.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

I like them in this order: Klipschorn (if you have the corners), Belle (best looking Klipsch speaker), LS, Chorus II, Cornwall, Chorus I, Forte II, Forte I for upper Heritage Klipsch speakers. That said I have Heresy IIs too that we really enjoy around here.

Not sure how I got quoted saying that. wasn't my post. Weird :blink:

8 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

I dont have experience with Ks,ls or belle in my home and havnt had long hands on with any of the 3.  c But I have heard all the extended line to where I feel good about my opinion. With that said I would probably rate them like you listed. I own corns heresys 1 and 2. Have had some of the extended stuff also. Im fan boy of the k77 even took bobs upgrade horns out and the 77s back in. I bet if I liked the other tweets more I might be an expended line groupie over corns and heresys. not sure. 

2 hours ago, Weber said:

Oh boy. Now the KP, Epic and Legend owners can chime in.

:P 

I wasn't going to say anything, but...

...I own Khorns.  My (modded) Epic CF-4's are the best speakers I've ever heard.

Thanks for bringing it up, James...troublemaker.  :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

The reason I personally write off the CF and for the most part the KLF lines are because of the lack of parts. Not only are there no replacement woofers available for the CF line there are no horn drivers either and the cabinets weigh a TON.

That's part of their charm.  :wub:

You have a good point about the lack of replacement drivers, btw.  That is a legitimate concern for owners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

The reason I personally write off the CF and for the most part the KLF lines are because of the lack of parts.

I thought we were fighting about the sound, not parts replacement. Now we've segued into the looks. Where's Grizzog, he's the one who started this bar room brawl.

:P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

I think I'm pretty much with you on this, except for putting the Forte II in front of the Chorus I.  I think both of the Chorus I and Forte I fall short of their successors.  I'm having a hard time though discriminating through the Heresy II's....just can't quite seem to get a handle on my impressions about them yet.....

• Like 1

Just now, Weber said:

What are you AB them with? 

Khorns.....LS, Chorus II's......:emotion-19:

No, really....Every pair I get, I do a lot of work on, cabinets, recap crossovers, gaskets, etc, etc.  (because it keeps me busy and off the streets...) And then I put them in play, and the delta between them and H I's (also being properly....rehabilitated...), is not all that striking, to me.....same amps, same source, the usual.  I'm sure there are folks that would want to show freq response charts, distortion analysis, blah, blah, but maybe it's these mid-life ears that just aren't picking up those so called nuances....

• Like 2