I may be exiled and stoned for this...

Grizzog

44 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Because of that, I'm getting another MC250 that I'm going to run monoblock to the Chorus II's, which I think will make a big difference.

:emotion-21::emotion-21:

I hear what your saying jimjimbo.... My LaScala's have more of a open sound stage... there is music I think sound the best on them... they were the 1st Klipsch I got.... To me the Chorus are like a Rock Concert.... they put out that music that you can just feel and I am not shy to put the power to em....IMHO the Chorus I's or II's kill the LaScala's in the bass dept. 

55 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

What really, really sounds amazing is either Khorns or La Scala's paired up and running with Chorus IIs/Forte II's.  Level match them, and the combo is freakin' stunning.  Believe me, you don't need no stinkin' sub for La Scala's in that configuration....

YES it is..... I'll power my LaScala's with a Adcom 555II and power the Chorus with a Carver TFM-55.... but I'll throw a sub in there.... just cuz;)

MKP :-)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Grizzog said:

I have now heard every Heritage and Extended Heritage model except the Cornwall. I did own Cornscalas for a bit though, so I can take a decent guess at the Cornwall sound. 

Out of all of them...the Chorus II are my favorite. No speaker is perfect and they all have compromises. The Chorus happens to strike the perfect balance for me. 

Now I could explain why I like them over all the rest, but I wanted to see if I was immediately banned and shunned for not choosing the mighty Khorn first. 

You did not make a blanket statement that the Chorus II is the "best".  You just said it is your favorite of the bunch.  

Your opinion, your experience, your choice.:emotion-21:  Nothing more nothing less.

Enjoy.

Bill

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

Hey, the man can't help but like his Chorus speakers.  All that matters in his house is what he likes, NOW!!!:):P:D

As long as he's single and living alone. I agree. Otherwise WAF comes into play.

My supervisor likes the La Scalas. I'm lucky it's not Bose 901s......

Mark

• Like 1

Never heard La Scala's / K horns.....If anyone wants to invite me over be happy to listen to them...... As far a Chorus II's.... Love em....as long as I don't need to move em.

Best speaker I ever owned ...Yea....I use to think it was my KG 5.5...but it has been so long since I have listened to the Kg's...so as of now the Chorus II's are my favorite.

But all you guys with the La Scala's / K horns.....I am still willing to learn.

G.E.M.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Grizzog said:

but the Chorus II have some abilities the Khorns don't.

Yea It's got that chest thumping ability..... now I don't own and I have never heard Khorns. I'm just going on the sound my LaScala's have to me..

We haven't spoke about powering the Chorus yet...... and I don't want to get into a watt argument.... but hear's how I see it... (hear it) IMHO

When I play my wonderful LaScala's I'll power them with one of my Adcom 555II's. More than enough power for those speakers. But lately I've been using a re-capped Carver M500t that one of my Carver site friends let me borrow. Really nice amp imho.... So in using that amp we can see how much power were really putting into those LaScala's.. and yea as we all know just a few watts get them sounding great.....

But like alot here I like to turn the volume knob to the right.... you know how it is..... a good track will be next and you just gotta turn it up some;)

So yea there are some tracks that I'll put some power to em.... I've had those power needles jumping up into that 200+ watt range.... it fills my living room with sound..... At 200 watts those LaScala's are done!! again I want to say I don't always pound 200+ watts into my LaScala's.... 

Now flipping to the Chorus.... at 200 watts those thing are just getting warm.... it's not until that 300+ watt mark is hit that they start putting out their full potential... and when I say full potential..... it's the BASS, that chest thump those speaker have... As I posted earlier there like a Rock Concert...... and when I go to Rock concert I want to feel the music.... 

Two wonderful Klipsch speakers that each a have there own sound..... When I had my Carver buds over a few weeks ago, the one guy liked my Chorus I's over all the speakers we listened to. The one guy never heard any Klipsch. So I was kinda laying off the volume.. I was making sure they were digging the tunes.... but as the day went on the volume knob got turned to right.... they seemed to like it. I kept asking "is it too loud for you guys?" Both of them kept saying "bring it on" 

The other Carver member liked my EVi's the best.... We sat on the deck with the EV's playing and how they were reflecting off the house he got up and starting looking for another set of surround speakers... At the end of the day both the Carver guys loved the horns.... Each one giving there own input on each speaker and amp combo we tried... 

• Like 2

Yes, I've said it many times before but here it goes again: I believe the Chorus II's are pound for pound, dollar for dollar the best Klipsch speaker made. I'm not talking the highest sensitivity, absolute best sounding, lowest frequency response or the lightest weight (or heaviest,) I'm saying with size, weight, sound, cost and availability of replacement parts all factored together I believe them to be the best and among some of the best sounding speakers ever made as well.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Yes, I've said it many times before but here it goes again: I believe the Chorus II's are pound for pound, dollar for dollar the best Klipsch speaker made. I'm not talking the highest sensitivity, absolute best sounding, lowest frequency response or the lightest weight (or heaviest,) I'm saying with size, weight, sound, cost and availability of replacement parts all factored together I believe them to be the best and among some of the best sounding speakers ever made as well.

+1

2 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

Chorus II = Cornwall Killer.

I keep looking on the Klipsch website for the 70th anniversary edition of the Chorus II but cant find it! Guess it wasn't the killer they thought it would be! :D

They are both very fine speakers. I have never been blessed with the great critical ear that many here must have. I have many favorites and it is usually the pair I am listening to at the time. I do know crap when I hear it and most speakers I have heard fall in that category. Most of the Klipsch I have heard, I have loved. I'm the same way with coffee, wine, whiskey, etc. I know what I don't like and beyond that, I'm usually happy with whatever is set in front of me.

• Like 5

The reason I personally write off the CF and for the most part the KLF lines are because of the lack of parts. Not only are there no replacement woofers available for the CF line there are no horn drivers either and the cabinets weigh a TON.

As far as I'm aware there are no replacements for the KLF woofers either. Crites sells a "woofer" meant to be a replacement for the 30's but they're not the same and I wouldn't feel comfortable only replacing 1 of his woofers, would want to do all 4 at the same time and that would be spendy.

Yes, this concerns me because I have blown two KLF-30 woofers and was very fortunate to find used replacements. I have friends who have blown several forte woofers as well so yeah, replacement parts are kind of up there on the list for me when considering a speaker choice. 

• Like 3