Fidel Castro Dead

Wolfbane

5 minutes ago, twk123 said:

I am just happy we are normalizing relations with them so eventually all the flag burning protesters throwing a hissy fit about the election can move down there.

LOL.  Yeah, free speech sucks, let's amend the constitution.  To hell with protesters, you're either righteous or you're not.  Love it or leave it if your opinion differs from mine.

Just now, oldtimer said:

LOL.  Yeah, free speech sucks, let's amend the constitution.  To hell with protesters, you're either righteous or you're not.  Love it or leave it if your opinion differs from mine.

I was very specific in my wording in my post in which I in no way advocated using government to trample on free speech, protest or deport people. I was referring to those who are so quick to trample on a symbol of our country and the American Republic and always threaten to move to Canada, suggesting they can move to Cuba if they so choose and perhaps gain some perspective.

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Such a tiny minority must really get under your skin.

Its not the number of people that bothers me, its the hypocrisy of a group of people who literally hold signs saying, "Love Trumps Hate" while also destroying private property, beating people in the streets and burning flags because their candidate did not win.

Breaking the law is bothersome.  It's hypocritical as you say and also ironic.  Julius Caesar said famously "never break the law unless it is for the purpose of gaining power."  Incredibly wise words from long ago.

Law breakers should  be punished according to the crime they commit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

And just like here, everyone goes merrily about their business with the nagging little thought that whatever they do, the government knows about it, it's on camera, or in the paper trail, and it's getting worse, and many people think it's a great idea, because it makes us so much safer.

Do you want to see something really disturbing???? Watch Citzenfour...

Get educated on surveillance...There is a lot of information out there

Pay cash for transcations...This is a learn as you go thing

Use a VPN for online activity.... Private Internet Access is a very good one

Use a secure email provider...Protonmail is very good

Wipe online activity on your PC/Laptop...R-Wipe & Clean is very good

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twk123 said:

I was very specific in my wording in my post in which I in no way advocated using government to trample on free speech, protest or deport people. I was referring to those who are so quick to trample on a symbol of our country and the American Republic and always threaten to move to Canada, suggesting they can move to Cuba if they so choose and perhaps gain some perspective.

Some people don't place much importance in symbols, apparently...

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

And just like here, everyone goes merrily about their business with the nagging little thought that whatever they do, the government knows about it, it's on camera, or in the paper trail, and it's getting worse, and many people think it's a great idea, because it makes us so much safer. 

I agree with you but have no further comment because the Mods are tied in to the U.S Government.That and I don't want to rack up any points for making a political statement

Mark

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Breaking the law is bothersome.  It's hypocritical as you say and also ironic.  Julius Caesar said famously "never break the law unless it is for the purpose of gaining power."  Incredibly wise words from long ago.

Law breakers should  be punished according to the crime they commit.

Caesar crossed the Rubicon with the XIII Legion not to gain power but to maintain it. The result was Civil War and the defeat of the Roman Republican forces led by Pompey.

It also led to the death of Caesar and 600 years of Imperial Roman.

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Reportedly, his enemies tried to smoke him 638 times.  Only the grim reaper succeeded.

With no cause of death announced in the week since Fidel checked out, how do you know they didn't ultimately get him after all?

Raul had 900 million reasons to arrange a State Funeral. He's going to need some spending cash when the Cuban people send him to join Batista.