AL crossovers

CECAA850

44 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

https://www.amazon.com/5000-Handheld-LCR-Meter-accessories/dp/B00S298KJO/ref=lp_10348987011_1_1?srs=10348987011&ie=UTF8&qid=1483149705&sr=8-1

did quite a bit of research, read a lot of reviews, decided on this one rather than a B&K at almost $500.....

I also have a bunch of new caps, some Sonicaps, some Dayton, and if the meter doesn't cut it, it'll go back.

That meter looks like quite a deal, but no where does that tell me it has Kelvin leads.   Without Kelvin leads I can't see that really resolving low enough to measure ESR or accurately measure DCR of inductors.  Normal test leads have more resistance in them than you would see in ESR of a good cap.

1 minute ago, BEC said:

That meter looks like quite a deal, but no where does that tell me it has Kelvin leads.   Without Kelvin leads I can't see that really resolving low enough to measure ESR or accurately measure DCR of inductors.  Normal test leads have more resistance in them than you would see in ESR of a good cap.

That sounds familiar.  Somehow I think you've given us those Words of Wisdom before.

44 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

https://www.amazon.com/5000-Handheld-LCR-Meter-accessories/dp/B00S298KJO/ref=lp_10348987011_1_1?srs=10348987011&ie=UTF8&qid=1483149705&sr=8-1

did quite a bit of research, read a lot of reviews, decided on this one rather than a B&K at almost $500.....

I also have a bunch of new caps, some Sonicaps, some Dayton, and if the meter doesn't cut it, it'll go back.

2 minutes ago, BEC said:

Bob, I believe that the TL-21 accessory is a 4 wire Kelvin lead with the alligator clips.

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Tequila, cigars, golf, bikini's, wine, bikini's.....oh wait, wake up.....damnit.

10 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Tequila, cigars, golf, bikini's, wine, bikini's.....oh wait, wake up.....damnit.

Those aren't dreams, those are great memories :D:D:D

The cap picks me up for ice and beer, at the dock around 8. He lets me run the lines while he goes up to spot (smoke weed) for fish. Catch some Bonita on the way out makes great ceviche. Occasionally we have a girl doing the Marlin dance.:P:P:P

Haven't caught a marlin yet but the dance is good. Get into the yellowfin and dorado, with a blue one in a while so we have sushi with soy and wasabi on the boat. Usually take a couple tuna into town for steaks and 5 other ways. Cigars, booze tequila, usually the women have lost their bikinis by then.:P:P:P

2 hours sleep maybe

REPEAT 7 or 8 days, then go to the Pilgrimage for a rehab session

Mark

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

That's above my pay grade along with just about everything else.

Making a tequila martini is above? BTW, Tito's is absolutely swill but on the plane I had a choice of SKYY or Tito's. They ran out of SKYY so I had to have the other.

I have friends there my friend LOL, It is unbelievably inexpensive.

Mark