AL crossovers

CECAA850

2 hours ago, Deang said:

No, I'm a legend in your mind, which is why you guys keep asking me all of these dumbshit questions over and over and over again. ;-)

1 minute ago, USNRET said:

No, I need to know some specifics about the 3 he built for me.....what, knowing me it just may be a dumbshit?

5 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

All of us other dumbshit's are trying to think up other dumbshit questions that have been asked time and time and time again, so that we can continue to be thought of as dumbshits by those that obviously are not.  Happy New Year.

Awe c'mon man, I was just playing. 

I ask a lot of dumbshit questions too. 

I really don't think anyone here is a dumbshit, or asks dumbshit questions. Even if they were dumbshit questions - that doesn't make you all dumbshits - which would be really dumbshit of me. 

The ones above are in my Belles with the Volti horn / BMS mid and Beyma tweeter. My question is what speakers would these work in IF I were to return my Belles to stock prior to selling the Belles.

In other words, are the networks peculiar to these speakers as modded or would they work in stock Belles, LaSacala, KHorns? See I know nothing ;bout this stuff.

Some of my best work. 

Gen 3 Super AA (SuperX) - the design was originally voiced using all stock components. 

The primary cap is a nice Clarity ESA, and I used AudioCap PPT Theta film and tin foils in the tweeter circuit. Mills resistor for the swamper, litz for the midrange coil, and a Jantzen coil in the tweeter circuit. The large air core is the 2.5mH for the low pass. 

I would imagine these sounded pretty damn good. 

They'll work in any of the big three Heritage loudspeakers - stock or modified. 

2 minutes ago, Deang said:

Some of my best work. 

Gen 3 Super AA (SuperX) - the design was originally voiced using all stock components. 

The primary cap is a nice Clarity ESA, and I used AudioCap PPT Theta film and tin foils in the tweeter circuit. Mills resistor for the swamper, litz for the midrange coil, and a Jantzen coil in the tweeter circuit. The large air core is the 2.5mH for the low pass. 

I would imagine these sounded pretty damn good. 

Still do Dean. What all would they work in?

Actually, Bobby Crites steered me away from alkaline batteries because of their propensity for leaking. I believe one customer went with Lithium. Bob says an old fashioned normal Rayovac is probably best.  

Charge coupled networks are definitely the way to go - especially if using budget metalized and electrolytic types. 

54 minutes ago, Deang said:

I really don't think anyone here is a dumbshit, or asks dumbshit questions. Even if they were dumbshit questions - that doesn't make you all dumbshits - which would be really dumbshit of me. 

No explanation needed, we're all having fun with this.  A little bit at your expense.  :)

Where I'm from we don't hassle guys we don't like.  :D

7 hours ago, Deang said:

I said you all SHOULD know. How many years have we been talking about this? How many capacitor threads have we had? Everyone here is "smart" enough to Google "capacitor ESR". 

The number on the meter represents how much internal resistance the capacitor has. It would be like adding a resistor of that value in series with the capacitor. Add enough resistance, and you'll barely be able to hear the tweeter - if at all. 

Dean

I for one am grateful that you take the time to explain this, I don't know technical I go by what my ears hear. It gives me a new outlook on caps and the benefit of changing them

Mark

6 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I was a psych major so you know I don't know science.  Me Googling capacitor ESR is the same as me wondering why you guys haven't Googled "paradoxical intention."  NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THAT IS UNLESS YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT THAT IS!  :lol:  :P (it means reverse psychology)

The next time you are having a book signing for your new book "Capacitors and ESR for Dummies" let me know where you are.  I'll take the first copy.  :D

Reverse psychology Doc? Never heard of it

:D:D:D@wvu80

Mark

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Meaning of life stuff.  Facing your existential fears, your anxiety is caused by running away from having to face your own death by putting other distractions in your life, like building crossovers, obsessing over how our speakers sound, and hanging out on speaker forums.  :rolleyes:

Once you remove this obstacle to good mental health, you can start to have authentic relationships in your life which will give your life meaning.

If I recall correctly.  :)

That sounds like a mind f*ck  @wvu80

Mark