PISSED OFF about "Heritage"

^^^^^

Agree with both the above. I didn't gather a wide array of tube amps, preamps, Class A SS to have a home theatre experience. Some do, some don't, I won't. I have little to no interest in HT while others have assembled and built monumental systems devoted to HT (Youthman). I use a great Kipsch sound bar and that is home theatre enough for me. 

And 1101 is spot on in that you can part together a speaker that soon becomes a speaker only, no longer within the Klipsch family. Very similar to HT - some do, some don't. I always remember the Bonehead telling us to stop calling them upgrades and call them what they are - changed or different, no longer Klipsch - but an upgrade is only in the ears of the beholder. 

MetropolisLakeOutfitters seems to have something on this subject that the posters just above apparently don't have--extensive listening time on well set up surround sound arrays.  I concur with his opinions probably in part because I experience it every day. 

It usually helps to have actual surround listening on a well set up surround sound system, and a library of good surround sound music recordings from which to select, I've found.   I recommend it most highly...

Chris

• Like 1

I was a manufacturers rep for 9 years for companies like Elan, Sunfire, Onkyo/Integra, NAD/PSB, etc., etc., and have heard tons of multi-thousand and multi-million dollar homes with properly set up theaters.  Yes, they were cool and did sound great but at the end of the day, I was perfectly content listening to my 2-channel system at home versus my Sunfire 7.2 surround setup.  It was nice at the time but I've tired of all the BS setup stuff through the years and am glad to be out of that industry.  My listening collection does not include any BD surround concerts.  Wait...I don't even own any BD discs and only player is a PS3.  Just don't care.

But that's just me....

You can have both in the same room. My H/T consist of 4 Khorns and an Academy center with all Denon equipment and sounds fantastic ! When I want to listen to 2 channel I just push a button and switch to the 2 front mains only and turn on my all tube system and listen to fantastic 2 channel.

• Like 1

In some cases...."updated". 

Dealing with malfunctioning drivers that there is no official replacement...or Wore-out diaphragms, or Network that is "bad" and you don't have the abilities to test where the problem is.    There is no replacement available.

Pulling out the AL network from old la scalas and replacing with another network (needed)....like a later date one if driver compatible.  Maybe an "update". 

If having to go to a third party to find a network to make-shift compatibility to the older drivers that are not compatible with say an AL-3.......call it a "mod".

We are going off subject but I guess it came to circle this way as many throwing ideas of putting Klipsch newer technologies in the Heritage. 

21 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Ever wonder why there's a modification section in the forum and not an upgrade section?;)

"Upgrade" is in the ear of the listener, no?:mellow:

I have faced myself, I just love to mess with this stuff. In fact I wish I had more time to do so. Especially to build some subs.

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've never had an issue crapping Rogers threads nor he mine.  Carry on.

Yea.....and where the Hell did Roger go?....get back in here man. 

Oh wait.....I bet he has a backache from all those non heritage KP600's!!!! :P

• Like 2

Just now, jwc said:

Yea.....and where the Hell did Roger go?....get back in here man. 

Oh wait.....I bet he has a backache from all those non heritage KP600's!!!! :P

I think he moved 20 cabinets yesterday.  Last I heard from him he was on his way to borrow a trailer as the 18 wheeler wouldn't get close enough to his house.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Ever wonder why there's a modification section in the forum and not an upgrade section?;)

In your signature........."""Bedroom 2, Heresy II's with III upgrade,"""

Is this an Upgrade?  or Update?  I ask as....I once inquired many years ago about this with Klipsch Parts on my old La scalas......there was no option.

32 minutes ago, babadono said:

"Upgrade" is in the ear of the listener, no?:mellow:

I have faced myself, I just love to mess with this stuff. In fact I wish I had more time to do so. Especially to build some subs.

I do find this "upgrade" sub-thread interesting as the only KHorns I've owned came to me with a complete Fastlane top hat, Elliptrac horn/K55 and Selenium horn/driver. So I really have no in-home baseline to compare to stock K's with possibly a freshened network. I can say the KHorns in the Hope listening room sound much different than what I am use to hearing. Now the caveat here is the Hope listening room/electronics are not the greatest. So now the comparison is even greater. So, is the Fastlane "modification" "better"? Some swear by it, some swear at it. Me, I don't know.

But this I Do know - the Bonehaed does not accept the term "upgrade". Just ask - and stand back.

Edited by richieb
added comment