Reaper Madness Wings!

jimjimbo

We only do wings about twice a year, but my wife has developed an expertise at the very light breading, and the sauce, to which I then added the Reaper sauce.   The wings get a light flour and spices coating, then go into the fridge overnight, then another light coating, then come to room temp before they go into the oil for about 11 minutes.  As with most things fried (which aren't many), I do them on the side burner of my BBQ so as not to "stink up" the house.....works for me, I drink a margarita or a glass of vino while I'm watching them, even if it's 25 degrees outside...My neighbors love me, cause I always make way too much, and take some to them during the process.....

• Like 1

• Moderators

They do look good, I love wings but for some reason rarely eat them, never tried it myself,  your wife like spicy things also ?

I like spicy but not the stuff that takes a while to recover from just a taste. 

JimJimbo - Lightly floured, then deep fried, (but NOT overcooked-- "drying out")  like it seems how you did is AWESOME.

GREAT job!!!! 

Wings are the only part of the Chicken I love.

Make them often, similar to your recipe, sometime w teriyaki type alternate flavor,  but sooo spensive now.    

Whole "fresh" wings, $2.69/ lb here. very rarely on sale, and not much cheaper.

Grandma would be Spinning, last she knew they were 39 cents.          Marc

Just an idea - Melted hot Butter, ballpark  1:1 with the hot sauce may be a great option.

Makes a big difference.

For us , anyway.

But you probably already know, and maybe do that.

Just a popular option, we love it.      Marc

That's exactly how we do it, and then add the reaper sauce.