Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

36 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

, 1978  , very nice -----I  remember the DQX 500S  , in later years , there was also  the Ariston RD 40 ---did you replace the Arm  or is it stock

The tonearm is the very rare Micro Seiki tonearm MA 500 . Based on the MA 500 the legendary MA 505 / MK II / MK III was developed. The tonearm inner wiring was changed 3 years ago with N7 copper wires

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

The tonearm is the very rare Micro Seiki tonearm MA 500 . Based on the MA 500 the legendary MA 505 / MK II / MK III was developed. The tonearm inner wiring was changed 3 years ago with N7 copper wires

Great Design , and have fun playing your records

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@MicroMara thanks you are almost correct. That tt was an anniversary edition a couple of years ago. It was purposefully made to emulate the famous Linns but with updated tech under it! **It has been updated since with auto-speed control and a better than elliptical cart on it now. Sumiko makes Pro-ject think its a Blue Point now.

https://www.project-audio.com/en/product/the-classic/

AT33PTG-II is the most fabulous and pricey cart I've ever owned!

It is worth three times what I paid for it to this day!

@Full Range

Looks Pricey for what I need, not sure but I started with two hundred or so, positive I have four now in my  collection plus three or so still in the toybox that I will get to eventually.

Found what might work holds 800 and costs $300 shipped..... will wait a little to see what pans out with the nice crates still at my brothers place

Found the Stones I just put on it is a decent recording but discogs says it's "unofficial"

https://www.discogs.com/The-Rolling-Stones-Goin-Back-To-The-Roots-American-Tour-July-1972/release/3460045

IMG-20200514-185821.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Had an afternoon reacquainting myself with an album I haven't heard since probably 1980.

It was fun to listen to these tunes that just lightened & brightened my world today!

Couple of pops not bad at all, wish I was in the same shape as this collection that a couple came out when I was two years old!

Doobie Brothers:

The Captain and Me

Quadrophenic Pressing

IMG-20200514-163540.jpg

• Like 4

Hi @Full Range

Thanks to some of your previous posts I knew I might like stepping into Leo Kottkes realm.

Got the 6 & 12 String LP on and it started out kind of reminding me of the instrumental guitar on Heart's Little Queen that I grew to love more than Barracuda after a hundred listens!

IMG-20200514-195450.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mustang_flht said:

Hi,

I had a big turntable in 1980, it turned like a Clock for 30 years, it was placed on 150Kg of concrete in a sandbox, the turntable weighs 60kg and the tray about 20kg, the whole must weigh about 250kg (550 lbs) and I had a LURNE arm and an AT33E cell, which I listen to with this material. I also change the oil, but more often, every 2 or 3 months because the pressure on the unipivot is enormous: so you need clean, new oil at this location.

The turntable is now in my garage, it will take a day that I have the courage to repaint it brand and new turn it again!

The MINIMUM had replaced a superb Linn LP12 that I had before, I see we like the same material Hi-Fi guys 🤣

mwba.jpg

6as1.jpg

Unfortunately I do not have a photo with the arm and the cell, when the stage was beautiful, with a superb painting and without dust

About 10 years ago, I gave the documents to Vinyl Engine so that they could put them on their site. Here you can download the essay and the explanations of the turntable, review passed in the Audiophile in French in 1979 : Downloads > information

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/audiomeca-pierre-lurne/minimum.shtml

@JohnJ I am extremely jealous of your treasure trove of LPs  🤤

https://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/belladonna2_e.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Yes Hunka 😄

It should be noted that the MINIMUM table dates from 1979 and that at the time there was no table like that: heavy, black with a large tray. I think Pierre Lurné and Bernard Hariton were forerunners because many high end tables look like this one now.

• Like 2

"Hello Music Lovers"

Which live Lp (s) did the announcer say that at the beginning of?

Dan Fogelberg / Tim Weisberg

"Twin Sons of Different Mothers"

IMG-20200515-214531.jpg

Side two starts with this, yea Power of Gold and Tell me to My Face are on this.

Top 40 was even good music when this was out, these guys were musicians!

• Like 4

On 5/14/2020 at 9:30 AM, JohnJ said:

Cool, don't play mine as often anymore, which made it so impressive last week for me!

I've always had the suspicion that Mr. Parsons had a hand in the mastering of his Project's releases. I mean he was the jedi - engineer for DSOTM. He had to have had some clout with his peers!

Got these cleaned up yesterday, it's too wet to cut the yard that is getting pretty deep after ten days. Didn't do laundry yesterday so I think I'm gonna listen and fold this morning. I've remarked in the past here that the 70's rock was the best to me with exceptions of course. Never felt like a lucky person but darn...... first the tt deal a while back, now this radio stations worth of vinyl that I've anticipated for a few months. I'm flipping out here, good thing I've got my coreg and a slightly more reasonable attitude going on in this decade of my life! I had the good to me heavy stuff covered before, now the basics are filling in too.

IMG-20200514-093805.jpg

Storage is quickly becoming something to keep an eye peeled for!

Got one crate full of replaced records and 80s hair band stuff that hasn't been played in too long. Used record store might open back up by mid summer. Hope it does.

Dang, those look great. Those

It's a beautiful day... Cool

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Side two starts with this, yea Power of Gold and Tell me to My Face are on this.

Top 40 was even good music when this was out, these guys were musicians!

That was my favourite song while driving back in the day 

Cassette deck at the ready and hit play 

• Like 4

Gettin' into headliner territory now.

And no I cannot tell you how an exceptional recording like this could be so well preserved?? Maybe my brothers friend put this entire collection on a big terabyte hard drive. Took a trip across town yesterday and stocked up on a hard to find, kinda new to me brand of a vice that that is real nice once in a while.

Ya never know which shelf will be empty for 90 days or longer now!

Pray that we can stop the reds in our country.

IMG-20200515-231027.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Notice there's a cigar thread here now. Some smells irk me and that's one of them sensemillia alright, tobacco NO.

But these are pretty nice.

Jefferson Airplane:

Long John Silver

IMG-20200515-234715.jpg

Mine came with just the sleeve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now a trip back in time to the Arabian Nights 

An album that is a classical suite that has had the prog treatment - But  still thrills me every time I listen to it 

Artist - Renaissance

Title - Scheherazade and Other Stories

Album ID 

My album is a US first pressing from 1975 

14-DBB940-B10-E-42-B1-8-B61-E1-E7771-CF3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have settled in for the night with a couple of classical records 

These were passed on to me and haven’t seen daylight for a very long time 

@Tigerman and any members that love classical music may appreciate these titles 

Sibelius* - The London Symphony Orchestra, Anthony Collins (2) ‎– Symphony No. 2 In D Major

7-BA7-F925-B6-AC-4-B40-BBCE-D8139804-F3-

Liszt*, Chopin* / Samson François, Paris Conservatory Orchestra* Conducted By Georges Tzipine ‎– Two Famous Concertos

FE780-BB7-D7-A9-473-B-8527-4-AA2-F36-DC5

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay so nobody was up for the trivia question from last night?

It's actually "Ello music lovers, from the streets of Toronto to the streets of London ..."

Pat Travers Band:

Go For What You Know

IMG-20200516-195526.jpg

• Like 4