Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 8/14/2022 at 12:37 AM, MicroMara said:

Think this is the best production ever made from Mike Oldfield " AMAROK " 1990 / Virgin Records / Printed in Germany

a real acoustic sound experience ....

amarok.thumb.jpg.64da01f0d559392b449a5762fd494ccc.jpg

I think my favourite will always be The Songs of a Distant Earth. But I´m biased, because I like Arthur C.Clarkes´ book so much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Last day of the 3-day Festival was yesterday and as usual it poured rain from mid-afternoon on.  😂  Guess they'll have to wait another year for the dog and pony show.   :)

Have been running the Linn, McIntosh, Heresy combo lately so I decided to give it a lil bump last nite.  hahaha  Checked my world  tour list at Ticketmaster and thought about adding another show this fall.  Seems as though Jeff Beck is playing a smaller venue in Cincy,  ;)  3.5 hours south   Might but doubtful.  Just a heads up for anyone interested.

The lil bump was on this one naturally with the show coming up in a couple weeks.  

Eric-Clapton-Nothin-But-The-Blues-22.jpg

Hope no one's showing up expecting Layla, Cocaine and the like.  Allllll blues allllll night is the game plan.  Factor in Jimmy Ray Vaughan and it's gonna kick some rears.

Oh that lil McIntosh?  Might have pi$$ed off the neighbors but they're getting a booster shot shortly.   :)  They'll survive it!

:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Right outta the EC and into this guy right here!  :)

That lil Mc paired into sounds just freakin stellar!  Yup, tweak day for the neighbors!  

Walter_Trout_-_Survivor_Blues_2019.jpg

Mid afternoon cookout at the neighbors   :)     Wonder what I'll get today!  😂

• Like 2

My Sunday evening spin ...it´s 9 30 pm here. Last time I listened this one was with the old DQX 500 ...my goodness ..what an audible difference ..great ...an all time classics....Jeff Wayne´s Musical Version " The War of the Worlds " 1978 / CBS Records / Printed in Holland 

a World Star Ensemble with Richard Burton, Julie Covington, David Essex, Chris Thompson, etc.

WOTW.thumb.jpg.e94c69841aeaecc6d7329a570589b499.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2022 at 5:10 AM, Full Range said:

It’s close but 
1) Audion 

2)Electronic Realizations for Rock Opera

3) Games 

4) Sequencer 

5) Cords 

Never heard something from Mr. Larry Fast´s SYNERGY ...quiet experimental electronic arrangements ...

Still listening to " AUDION "  .....like it 👍Goes into the direction of Tangerin Dream, Ashra Temple etc.

Collected some info about Larry Fast ..

Larry Fast (born December 10, 1951 in Newark, USA) is an American musician and composer, electronic music style, best known as Peter Gabriel's keyboardist. A synthesizer expert, he grew up in Livingston, New Jersey and graduated from Lafayette College in Pennsylvania with a degree in history. His interest in electronic music stems from a fusion of his piano and violin playing with his interest in computer science. After a brief guest appearance with the group Nektar, Fast started his solo career: under the pseudonym Synergy, Larry Fast composed and arranged various albums on his own label Passport Records between 1975 and 1987. In the same period he worked with Peter Gabriel and played synthesizer on his concerts and studio recordings.

Will listen to the others as well ...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Never heard something from Mr. Larry Fast´s SYNERGY ...quiet experimental electronic arrangements ...

Still listening to " AUDION "  .....like it 👍Goes into the direction of Tangerin Dream, Ashra Temple etc.

Collected some info about Larry Fast ..

Larry Fast (born December 10, 1951 in Newark, USA) is an American musician and composer, electronic music style, best known as Peter Gabriel's keyboardist. A synthesizer expert, he grew up in Livingston, New Jersey and graduated from Lafayette College in Pennsylvania with a degree in history. His interest in electronic music stems from a fusion of his piano and violin playing with his interest in computer science. After a brief guest appearance with the group Nektar, Fast started his solo career: under the pseudonym Synergy, Larry Fast composed and arranged various albums on his own label Passport Records between 1975 and 1987. In the same period he worked with Peter Gabriel and played synthesizer on his concerts and studio recordings.

Will listen to the others as well ...

I have this one as well, on CD. But I was introduced to it ages ago, on my Commodore C64, in a game called ZOIDS:

Only about the time I had joined this forum, did I find out that Rob Hubbard (Game music programmer.) was inspired by Larry Fast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chicago 1981, Muddy Waters at his Checkerboard Lounge and in walk the Stones?  Ha!  Pretty amazing back story right here:  

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/for-one-night-only-at-the-checkerboard-lounge/

20220824-161401.jpg

:)  Great double LP with Bob Clearmountain waving his magic wand???  The Stones love the blues so why not leave one venue, fly into Chitown and crank this one out for the heck of it?  It's all about family.   

NOW if you read the story you'll see what I'm talking about.  lolol  Muddy passed in 83 or 84.

Guaranteed you'll have your groove shortly into it.  You want it?  Go get it!  Thank me later!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There's one thing I like a lot about this thread: I don't have to defend myself when I buy 'new old' vinyl records. At the end of the summer holidays, I needed a 'fix' of well-recorded albums for the stormy autumn that's coming, so this is what I bought:

PSX_20220826_150138.jpg

• Like 4