3 hours ago, Full Range said:

Worked all day and needed to relax in our therapeutic spa 

Yes I have built the deck around a 6 mt tall palm tree 

IMG-4419.jpg

Then some music to calm the soul 

And this album, musically speaking, is just a beautifully made 

Artist - Supertramp 

Title - Crime of the Century 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/2068978-Supertramp-Crime-Of-The-Century

IMG-4427.jpg

Enjoy your spa while you can... Here in Belgium today 32 degrees Celsius, tomorrow only 23.

Which, for me, is a good thing actually... 

• Like 3

Looking at the cover, my first thought was:"Oh well, water-damage, don´t expect much..." Turns out, the vinyl is almost NM!

The debut-LP of Berlin based band Spliff. When they were active, me was just in elementary, so they appeared on my radar only recently. This LP is all english, the later ones were german. As the title suggests, there´s spoof radio spots inbetween tracks, moderated by Rik deLisle. He bacame famous in Berlin as DJ on then AFN Radio Berlin. He´s still active. Him, I can remember from my childhood days!

Great music!

PXL_20230625_125933025.thumb.jpg.69e2b80b9e5f0d9051b1f5b6ff407d97.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/release/295210-Spliff-The-Spliff-Radio-Show

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

Enjoy your spa while you can... Here in Belgium today 32 degrees Celsius, tomorrow only 23.

Which, for me, is a good thing actually... 

The spa was fantastic 

Although it’s winter here, we get cold nights but during the day it’s a balmy 25 C

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

To protect my mental health, I've given up on A/B-ING Spotify and vinyl records...

That makes two of us.  Well probably more than just us.  That was just nasty but he thought it was great.  Kids!  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

Although it’s winter here, we get cold nights but during the day it’s a balmy 25 C

Had one when I was married and would love one now but they're such a pain if done the right way.  About the only way you can avoid a totally frozen spa in the winter is to put a double pump in line so if one fails you can throw the other one in line and go til spring.

Slipped out late one Christmas eve only to find the pump had gone out.  Had to drain and blow out the lines asap to avoid things freezing.  Talk about a pita?  I miss it though.

Got it @MicroMara Bela.  lol  That lp is great though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Looking at the cover, my first thought was:"Oh well, water-damage, don´t expect much..." Turns out, the vinyl is almost NM!

The debut-LP of Berlin based band Spliff. When they were active, me was just in elementary, so they appeared on my radar only recently. This LP is all english, the later ones were german. As the title suggests, there´s spoof radio spots inbetween tracks, moderated by Rik deLisle. He bacame famous in Berlin as DJ on then AFN Radio Berlin. He´s still active. Him, I can remember from my childhood days!

Great music!

PXL_20230625_125933025.thumb.jpg.69e2b80b9e5f0d9051b1f5b6ff407d97.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/release/295210-Spliff-The-Spliff-Radio-Show

too great this album , got it as well , a milestone in german rockmusic

• Like 4

This went down a bit ago.  Miss that dude! 

Glen-Frey-No-Fun-Allowed.jpg

:)

No Fun Aloud is the debut solo studio album by Glenn Frey.[5] It was released in 1982 on Asylum.[6]

The album reached #32 on the charts and contained two top 40 singles, "The One You Love" and "I Found Somebody".[7] The album was certified Gold by the RIAA, selling over 500,000 (half a million) copies in the United States.[8]

😍 da wimmen fok just melted watching him.  lol

• Like 4

May as well now that I've pulled it...  Just sooo darn good.  Rain's coming in sooo buckle up I'm on a roll.  😂

Glen-Frey-The-Allnighter.jpg

The Allnighter is the second solo studio album by Glenn Frey, the guitarist and co-lead vocalist for the Eagles. The album was released in mid-1984 on MCA in the United States and the United Kingdom, two years after Frey's modestly successful debut album No Fun Aloud and four years after the demise of the Eagles. It was and still is Frey's most successful solo album throughout his whole solo career, having reached No. 22 on the Billboard charts, and releasing two top 20 singles with "Smuggler's Blues" and "Sexy Girl". The album achieved gold status by the RIAA in the US. It is generally regarded as the culmination of the smoother, more adult-oriented sound of Frey's solo work.

The single "Smuggler's Blues" helped to inspire the Miami Vice episode of the same name, and Frey was invited to star in that episode, which was Frey's acting debut. The music video for the single also won Frey an MTV Video Music Award in 1985.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

May as well now that I've pulled it...  Just sooo darn good.  Rain's coming in sooo buckle up I'm on a roll.  😂

Glen-Frey-The-Allnighter.jpg

The Allnighter is the second solo studio album by Glenn Frey, the guitarist and co-lead vocalist for the Eagles. The album was released in mid-1984 on MCA in the United States and the United Kingdom, two years after Frey's modestly successful debut album No Fun Aloud and four years after the demise of the Eagles. It was and still is Frey's most successful solo album throughout his whole solo career, having reached No. 22 on the Billboard charts, and releasing two top 20 singles with "Smuggler's Blues" and "Sexy Girl". The album achieved gold status by the RIAA in the US. It is generally regarded as the culmination of the smoother, more adult-oriented sound of Frey's solo work.

The single "Smuggler's Blues" helped to inspire the Miami Vice episode of the same name, and Frey was invited to star in that episode, which was Frey's acting debut. The music video for the single also won Frey an MTV Video Music Award in 1985.

that one is known by everyone in our age group

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My landlady (?) remembered that she had a stack of LPs in the basement somewhere. This is the only one I deemed worth taking. The shrink-wrap was still on, somebody had handeled the vinyl after having some potato-chips... Needs a second wash.

Dionnne Warwick was big in Germany around the time I was in elementary:

PXL_20230625_201017058.thumb.jpg.c53722b696c208b942bd31994dd7b95c.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/release/26902526-Dionne-Warwick-Heartbreaker

• Like 5

@MicroMara the things I do for you!  

20230625-190935.jpg

I dug into this small niche of show tunes waaaaay down on the floor for this one.  Yup, I've got the Eddie Murphy on the cover of Beverly Hills Cop, wait, maybe it's under Murphy.  Nope, gonna have to nose now cause it's here.

So here's a bit more Miami Vice for ya.  I KNOW you just wanted to listen to a bit of Jan Hammer!  😂  I got you brother!  😎  😂

Title Writer(s) Producer(s) Length
1. "The Original Miami Vice Theme" (Instrumental) (performed by Jan Hammer) Hammer Hammer 1:00
2. "Smuggler's Blues" (performed by Glenn Frey) 3:48
3. "Own the Night" (performed by Chaka Khan)
4:49
4. "You Belong to the City" (performed by Glenn Frey)
  • Frey
  • Tempchin
Frey 5:49
5. "In the Air Tonight" (performed by Phil Collins) Collins Collins 5:27
6. "Miami Vice" (Instrumental) (performed by Jan Hammer) Hammer Hammer 2:27
7. "Vice" (performed by Grandmaster Melle Mel)
  • Glover
  • L. Robinson
4:59
8. "Better Be Good to Me" (performed by Tina Turner) Rupert Hine 5:08
9. "Flashback" (Instrumental) (performed by Jan Hammer) Hammer Hammer 3:20
10. "Chase" (Instrumental) (performed by Jan Hammer) Hammer Hammer 2:38
11. "Evan" (Instrumental) (performed by Jan Hammer) Hammer Hammer 3:06

• Like 4