Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

4 hours ago, Full Range said:

I had this album earmarked on eBay along with another @Dave1291

I like her music compilation already, but find this over a longer period of time listening just a bit boring, besides, every prof. dj would prefer a mixer with sliders and not with rotary poties

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

I like her music compilation already, but find this over a longer period of time listening just a bit boring, besides, every prof. dj would prefer a mixer with sliders and not with rotary poties

I have it earmarked because of you being a DJ 

Now I’m unsure of it 

Also it’s not something I would listen to over and over 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Also it’s not something I would listen to over and over 

that´s the point , it makes fun for half an hour but than you´ll be board , a really prof dj works with real music and creates tension arcs with the music

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, amped said:

That's cool. This set has the three LP's as well with lyrics.  It's pretty clean sounding. 

I must confess that the sound quality isn´t that high on the origins , the remastered is better for sure, however the music is great

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MicroMara said:

I must confess that the sound quality isn´t that high on the origins , the remastered is better for sure, however the music is great

Sorry this one’s not vinyl but it’s in the spirit. I got this CD when it first came out Some friends hooked me up to see them in 2011… Great show and mick was a nice guy too. 

39E91D8E-4FF4-45A1-82AE-0872CF69EFE7.jpeg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, MicroMara said:

creates tension arcs with the music

Tension arcs huh?  Never knew they called them that when I'd throw a slow one down and took a couple minutes to slow dance w/some lil hottie.  Imma learnin all kinds of things w/you hangin around @MicroMara  😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Tension arcs huh?  Never knew they called them that when I'd throw a slow one down and took a couple minutes to slow dance w/some lil hottie.  Imma learnin all kinds of things w/you hangin around @MicroMara  😂😂

You see Dave ;  Collen uses the same style of music and she´s mixing them into the beat mainly between 114and 120 bpm ( beats per minute ) so it´s simple into the beat mixing , nothing special , same like electro or techno between 125 to 130 bpm our days. Get´s boring , after a while all tunes sound quiet simmilar.

We combined and mixed Disco, Soul, Funk, Newave, Electro, Avangarde Pop, Rock , ProgRock and Hardrock togehter , that style of making music for the crowds kept them into a longtime listening attention and they danced into a kind of ecstasy till they were screaming on the dancefloor ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

We combined and mixed Disco, Soul, Funk, Newave, Electro, Avangarde Pop, Rock , ProgRock and Hardrock togehter , that style of making music for the crowds kept them into a longtime listening attention and they danced into a kind of ecstasy till they were screaming on the dancefloor ...

I get all that...  Just crazy how things have changed over the years.  You ARE a sneaky one brother.  That you are!  lolol  All I ever heard in my ear slow dancing was, "Dave, quit it someone's gonna see us."     Grinding Dancing GIF - Grinding Dancing Funny Dancing GIFs

• Haha 5

Anyone up for some Australiana 

Some info on this band - Graham Bell All Stars

Formed by Graeme Bell in 1962 continuing for many years playing in major night clubs, making records and even had their own television show. In 1990 they toured China with Little Pattie and also went to south-east Asia and Japan.

Some info on Graham Bell

Graeme Emerson Bell

Profile:

Australian jazz (dixieland style) pianist, composer and bandleader. 
Brother of Roger Bell and co-founder of the Australian jazz label Swaggie Records. 

Born : September 07, 1914 in Richmond (Melbourne), Victoria, Australia. 

IMG-4400.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@billybob  Woot!  10AM and it's gonna be a beautiful day in the neighbor hood.  Yards mowed, sun is comin up, coffee's on, french doors open and the kid beside me is playin w/his mower!  Was just sittin here thunkin on what to throw down cause I don't wanna hear his mower. Got it!  Thanks!    :)

Paul-Revere-Midnight-Ride-1967.jpg

All the way from 1967!  

Midnight Ride peaked at number nine on the U.S. Billboard 200 albums chart.[6] The album was certified gold in the U.S. on March 20, 1967.[7] Music critic Bruce Eder said the album "marked just about the pinnacle of Paul Revere & the Raiders' history as a source of great albums."[4] The album was described in Billboard magazine as a "package of hard driving, pulsating rockers."[8] Serene Dominic of the Phoenix New Times called the album "proof that [the band] squandered not a minute of that massive TV exposure."[5] It is listed in the book 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die by Robert Dimery and Michael Lydon.[9]

In 1986 the song "Kicks" was covered by the Monkees as an album track on their album Then & Now... The Best of The Monkees.

Yea, I'm THAT old!  :)

The way it was... 

😂

THEN the Monkee's jumped on board!  lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

They usually don't put educators in jail Dave!

Yea, tell me about it.  Spent the last two days getting the youngest up to speed on all my camera gear and it's STILL going on this morning!  About a mile of text msgs back and forth cause she wants to save them for reference?  Seriously?  I should have just sold it all and sent her the money to buy a point and shoot.  Can't sell her on digital she HAS to have film.  Typical I guess.  Her nickle.  Ugh. 

Can't wait to here her complain about how fast that motor drive runs w/a 5# finger full of nail polish on it.  I souped and printed all myu stuff back in 1905.  hahaha  I'm a preachin and teachin.  lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Can't sell her on digital she HAS to have film

Is it just a trend, or will it last? Maybe She´ll tire of film and be converted to digital camera? Does develop the film herself?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Does develop the film herself?

Nah, I ran everything I shot.  B/W, C-41 all of it and printed it too.  Had access to a Kodak processor.  Too many chemical restrictions for waste water today.  She'll be sending it out but that depends on how much she shoots.  Still pricey though.  Guess there's more of my DNA in her than I thought.  Good Lord what HAVE I created???  roflmao  :)

• Haha 2

7.21pm here , we had a hot & sunny day. Found this at our universitys every saturday happening sec. hand market ! 

Ike & Tina Turner Live at Olympia in Paris 1971 , near mint,  but put both records immediate into my rcm, a time documantary when I was 9 years young,  just finished the first record , gonna listen to the second now

IkeTinaParis.thumb.jpg.2262fa919e2b3b888a1bb62ae36c00a6.jpg

The cover inside

IkeTinaParis_1jpg.thumb.jpg.ea159e6e8edf4617d476f87868ebb22b.jpg

a short docu about this concert

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1