Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@Tim Sr. 

Are you able to re tap the thread on the cone screws and insert to rejuvenate them 

I know of the carbon trick and I have also used ground steel scale and that also works 

If I can make a suggestion on another method even if it’s an experiment 

Try plumbers hemp rope 

Or non dry putty one that never hardens 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Full Range said:

@Tim Sr. 

Are you able to re tap the thread on the cone screws and insert to rejuvenate them 

I know of the carbon trick and I have also used ground steel scale and that also works 

If I can make a suggestion on another method even if it’s an experiment 

Try plumbers hemp rope 

Or non dry putty one that never hardens 

Thank you @Full Range for these suggestions.

Yes I could re-tap the threads and is part of the consideration in how to set up the watch points into jewels, I may try designing a new cone screw, drilling out a set screw to house a new point, one that is much sharper in definition

I might just try the plumbers rope, I have some I could experiment with

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tim Sr. said:

I might just try the plumbers rope, I have some I could experiment with

It’s an old method that has gone out of favour but plumbers hemp rope threads are finer than human hair and thats why I thought it was ideal or at the very least worth the experiment 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 6:02 PM, mustang_flht said:

@KROCK Today the 1200 and 1210 all models: MK7, GR2 and G are now manufactured in a Panasonic group factory in Malaysia. It's less noble than the Made In Japan before, but for me it doesn't matter and I know that Malaysia has a very modern appearance and Panasonic has a lot of efficient factories like that. More than 30 ultra-modern factories around the world, it seems to me.

Malaisia - Kuala-lumpur

malaisie-kuala-lumpur.1537205.w740.jpg

On 10/9/2023 at 6:16 PM, KROCK said:

@mustang_flht I just have bragging rites, that its made in Japan. Yea rite!

• Like 6

Well it seems I won't be posting images today, delayed yesterday waiting on battery recharge, that failed. So now waiting for new battery, well 3 really, one for each camera that now needs a new one.

I am not waiting on the batteries though to continue, and @Full Range I did try the hemp oil rope, as well as PTFE tape, and a few other slippery options, and found the most sensitive to be the graphite. I put a request in to Bird Precision on a set of spring loaded jewels that would fit the housing replacing the pivot screws, and working out a pin arrangement for a future test.

Again a TY to @Full Range for the brochure, I had forgotten the damping of the tonearm bearing, mentioned in the Brochure of being butterfingers. So I disassembled things once (3 times) again and found the right grease  for the cylinder.

Today is the cleaning and oiling of the walnut, clean and assess the top plate (Paint it??), clean and polish platters, repair the power switch, oil the motor, no need to tear it apart though, not this decade, then on to the next phase.

will be firing up the Thorens today as well...C U soon

• Like 6

Time to play a bit tonight.  Fired up the JBL128S w/the twin 18's this evening.  😂  💪

@JohnJ's nosin and it's all coming together.  Time to move a lil air.  :)

pink-floyd-division-bell.jpg

It ain't even breathin heavy.  

I think Gilmour has his attention now.  😂  Layin back in the couch watching football and jut slide to the driver's seat. 

pink-floyd-wish-you-were-here.jpg

Yup, he's workin on toasted.  No drool yet but rest assurred I'll keep ya posted.  9:15PM now.  He's tough so I figure about 10:30 +/- 15 minutes.  😂  Might tweek the sub a bit more to see if I can get that true out of body experience.  😂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He moved!  lol  

Alice-Cooper-Million-Dollar-Babies-73-an

Billion Dollar Babies is the sixth studio album by American rock band Alice Cooper, released in March 1973 by Warner Bros. Records.[1] The album became the best selling Alice Cooper record at the time of its release, hit number one on the album charts in both the United States and the United Kingdom, and went on to be certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America. The album has been retrospectively praised by such critics as Robert Christgau, Greg Prato of AllMusic, and Jason Thompson of PopMatters, but The Rolling Stone Album Guide (2004) gave the album only two and a half stars.  :)

Now he's venturing into uncharted waters.  Already commented about the box contents.  lol  It's 7th spin w/a new one stashed.  20k pressed in 2022.  Totally an amazing listen!

Hendrix-Box-20k-pressed-2022-150-new.jpg

:)

• Like 8