Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

49 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

One of his best.  As i recall he was just a bit trashed out on this one.  Hunter and that other dude on guitars I think too.  It's a good old lp for sure!  :)

7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yes it is a pretty good record.

RIP Lou!

I really dig those old ones you have by him @Dave1291 !

Do have him live on a cassette from the big Meadowlands/Unicef or whoever it was weekend concert in the 80s!

How do you know it’s a him ? But it might be a him who knows 
I will post the record up in a few minutes 

We will find out soon 😱

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Full Range said:

How do you know it’s a him ? But it might be a him who knows 
I will post the record up in a few minutes 

We will find out soon 😱

:rolleyes:Because I recognized his voice and his songs.. Take a Walk and more oldies then I Love You Suzanne and more from his current release then!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hello everyone !
I present to you my new turntable, I received it yesterday, it's a Technics SL-1210G (the one with the bronze brass platter). It's wonderful, I'm listening to Charlie Hunter Trio on it. @KROCK has the same (in Silver it seems to me) for its mono monitors

https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/819466-Charlie-Hunter-Trio-Bing-Bing-Bing

DSC-3321.jpg

CH2.jpg.681e617b49e5f9b4b34d02eae0980568.jpg

🤩

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

Hello everyone !
I present to you my new turntable, I received it yesterday, it's a Technics SL-1210G (the one with the bronze platter). It's wonderful, I'm listening to Charlie Hunter Trio on it. @KROCK has the same (in Silver it seems to me) for its mono monitors

DSC-3321.jpg

CH2.jpg.681e617b49e5f9b4b34d02eae0980568.jpg

🤩

Ain't she pretty!

Sorry, I have the GAE in Black, w/SME 309 arm. 

Congrats on a fine machine. Enjoy getting to know her....

Happy spinning 😜

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2023 at 12:11 AM, mustang_flht said:

Hello everyone !
I present to you my new turntable, I received it yesterday, it's a Technics SL-1210G (the one with the bronze platter). It's wonderful, I'm listening to Charlie Hunter Trio on it. @KROCK has the same (in Silver it seems to me) for its mono monitors

DSC-3321.jpg

🤩

Am I allowed to say 

That is a sexy rig 🤘

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

1210GAE 😍👍

As I used the 1210 Series three and a half decades ago as a prof. DJ , I´m happy that these outstanding tt is still alive and beeing better than ever before. Have a lot of fun my french vinyl buddy Guy 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

As I used the 1210 Series three and a half decades ago as a prof. DJ , I´m happy that these outstanding tt is still alive and beeing better than ever before.

I got two of the SL1200mkII tables in a pawn shop for $300. Used by a dj, a little dirty, but still worked fine. They were missing carts.

I put a shell and Ortophon Red on one and sold the other one to a  friend for $300 (he knew what I'd paid for them and was happy).

My vinyl collection is not very big, but it works great for me. I can only imagine how nice the 12010GAE models are.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Full Range said:

I have seen advertisements to leave the leaves alone as many butterflies are growing and being sheltered in the leaf litter 

If they were anything but oak leaves I wouldn't be flipping out.  Those things deteriorate like iron.  While laying in your yard all winder you lose your grass dut to lack of sunlight.  Those things are tough for sure.  The big one across the street has 9 huge (prolly 40') oaks and the yard is about 6 inches higher than my yard.  The kid next door's house had two more huge oaks in the back yard with two maples in the front.  It's about 10" higher than my yard.  Everyone else in the hood is just about level w/my yard.  I get the brunt of it for sure.  It's a real pita!  :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2