Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

We have the longest rain period since 1995 here , more than 300 liters per squaremetre and there isn´t any end forecasted !  So there was a lot of time this afternoon and evening to listen to :

Raul de Souza " Sweet Lucy "

RaulDeSouzaSweetLucy.thumb.jpg.d2ef73502476acdc80e5de6ebaca518a.jpg

followed by Spyro Gyra " Morning Dance "

SpyroGyraMorningDance.thumb.jpg.65440ba4859217bc28b3583316efa6a8.jpg

than Marvin Gaye " I want you " ..btw beautiful cover art work !

MarvinGayeIwantyou.thumb.jpg.b3fa6ab9f0e785b72c0e1ad66833a5fd.jpg

and on white vinyl

MarvinGayeIwantyou1.thumb.jpg.a8596946c7c18a9cc8b4da8d985ab013.jpg

In America everything is compared to a football field. Would 300 liters per square meter make it to the 10 yard line, midfield, or cover the entire field? 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Beautiful Room @GWSmith

It's the Lava-Lamps, definitely the Lava-Lamps!:cool:

Thanks so much John and friends!  There are a bunch more LAVA in storage, but, each shelf is by year and model.   Two in the center top are from ENGLAND (Mathmos) which is the ORIGINAL lamp of this type.  Lava/Simplex company came on the scene 2 years later in 1965.   I had to pick up a special 240 volt power supply to power them.   Anyway, I was a serious collector back in the 90ies.  But now, to light that entire display is 1100watts and makes a HUGE amount of radiant heat.  So, I only put a few on at a time.  

There then is the Lava Lamp collection lesson.  😊  I DO have a photo from a long time ago of the entire setup lighted.  Perhaps, if you are interested, I could did that up.  VERY colorful for sure.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Well buddies ...my last weekend to spin some tunes , next wednesday is my departure to the rehab till march 20th. Be sure I´ll follow what´s going on here from the clinic .😁You can´t escape 😂

Have installed the AT 20 SLA yesterday as the new shibata needle needs some operation hours as well. 

AT20SLA2.thumb.jpg.a4313c623286716eed66f0f5f81993c9.jpg

I'm fairly new on this thread and I wish you the best on your rehab! Take care!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Wait it's only 10PM here?  You guys been busy!  Gary, the move looks great and I'm sure they sound fantastic cause they sure do look fantastic in there. The lava lamps just add a lot to the room's character.  Beautiful in there and comfy for sure.  The rig has to sound great.   Classy but not sassy!  :)

Safe travels and enjoy @Full Range!  Welcome home since your already gone!  Know ya killed it!  :)

George ya had some great plays posted today but I know it won't tide you over.  We'll all come up with something outta the box for your rehab over in the youtube spinning thread.  :)  😂  Gonna hook ya right up w/some spatial workout moosic.  NO QUIT!  :)

Ever try on a players Beats?  I have.  lol   :)  It's actually one of the songs the OSU women hoops team listens to.  lol  Crazy.

Been spinnin all day today but will post it tomorrow if I can remember it all.  lol  :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Interesting picks !

Have a few of them just like you prolly do as well as everyone else.  Never heard of a few of them.  They all have 'em I'm sure.  Interesting for sure though.

• Like 3

Just a few from yesterday's run.  Crazy day today cause I'm loadin up again!  Watchin a bit of college hoops, volume down and cookin with gas!  :)

Straight Shooter is the second studio album by the English hard rock supergroup Bad Company. The album was released on 28 March 1975.[5]

The album reached number 3 on both the UK Albums Chart and the US Billboard 200.[6][7] It was certified gold (500,000 units sold) by the Recording Industry Association of America a month after its release.[8] The album was remastered and re-released in 1994.

The track "Shooting Star" (written by lead singer Paul Rodgers) was lyrically inspired by the drug and alcohol-related deaths of guitarist Jimi Hendrix and other rock musicians.

Bad-Company-Straight-Shooter-1975.jpg

Full Moon Fever is the debut solo studio album by Tom Petty, released on April 24, 1989, by MCA Records. It features contributions from members of his band the Heartbreakers, notably Mike Campbell, as well as Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison (who died prior to its release), and George Harrison, Petty's bandmates in the Traveling Wilburys.[2][3] The record shows Petty exploring his musical roots with nods to his influences.[4] The songwriting is mainly collaborations between Petty and Lynne, who was also a producer on the album. Full Moon Fever became a commercial and critical success, peaking at No. 3 on the U.S. Billboard 200 and being certified 5× platinum in the United States and 6× platinum in Canada.[5][6][7]

tom-petty-full-moon-fever.jpg

Monkey.jpg

Cheap Thrills is the second studio album by American rock band Big Brother and the Holding Company, issued by Columbia Records in 1968. Cheap Thrills was the band's final album with lead singer Janis Joplin before she left to begin a solo career. For Cheap Thrills, the band and producer John Simon incorporated recordings of crowd noises to give the impression of a live album, for which it was subsequently mistaken by many listeners. Only "Ball and Chain" was actually recorded in concert at the Winterland Ballroom.[2][3]

Cheap Thrills reached number one on the charts for eight nonconsecutive weeks in 1968.

Big-Brother-The-Holding-Company-Cheap-Th

If you ain't got it ya darn sure better git it!  Classic and Janis is ahhhhmazing!  :)

Sometimes You Win is a studio album by the American band Dr. Hook, released in 1979. It was produced by Ron Haffkine.[2]

The album contains three of the band's most commercially successful singles: "When You're in Love with a Beautiful Woman" (also included on their previous album Pleasure and Pain), "Better Love Next Time" and "Sexy Eyes."

Dr_Hook_-_Sometimes_you_win.jpg

:)

• Like 8

From four until late,

I was wringing my hands and crying.

From four until late,

I was wringing my hands and crying.

I believe to my soul

That your daddy's Gulfport bound.

From four until late,

She made me a no-good barroom clown.

From four until late,

She made me a no-good barroom clown.

You know, she won't do nothing

But tear a good man's reputation down.

A woman is like a dresser,

Some man always running through its drawers.

A woman is like a dresser,

Some man always running through its drawers.

She cause so many men

To wear an apron overall.

When I leave this town,

I will bid you fare farewell.

When I leave this town,

I will bid you fare farewell.

And when I return again,

You'll have a great long story to tell.

ATCO Mono

20240224_171015.jpg

• Like 6

Goodbye (also called Goodbye Cream)[2] is the fourth and final studio album by Cream, with three tracks recorded live, and three recorded in the studio. It was released in Europe by Polydor Records and by Atco Records in the United States, debuting in Billboard on 15 February 1969.[3] It reached number one in the United Kingdom and number two in the United States. A single, "Badge", was subsequently released from the album a month later. The album was released after Cream disbanded in November 1968.[4]

The group started their farewell tour on 4 October 1968 in Oakland, California[5] and 15 days later on 19 October the group performed at The Forum in Los Angeles where the three live recordings on Goodbye were recorded with Felix Pappalardi and engineers Adrian Barber and Bill Halverson.[1]

This is the limited live collection from the Forum in LA.  Great listen.  :)  

Cream-Good-Bye-Tour.jpg

Garcia is Grateful Dead guitarist Jerry Garcia's first solo album, released in January 1972.

Jerry-Garcia-Garcia-1972-1st-solo.jpg

jokes2.jpg

Toulouse Street is the second studio album by American rock band the Doobie Brothers. It was released in July 1972, by Warner Bros. Records. It was the band's first album with bassist Tiran Porter and also the first with drummer Michael Hossack to augment existing drummer John Hartman, putting in place their trademark twin-drummer sound. Toulouse Street is the name of a street in the French Quarter of New Orleans. The cover and inside centerfold photos were taken at a former brothel on Toulouse Street.

The album peaked at number 21 on the Billboard 200.

My old quad lp never sounded better.   Such a great old album.   :)  

Doobie-Brothers-Toulouse-Street-Quad-197

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/23/2024 at 10:35 PM, Dave1291 said:

Gary, the move looks great and I'm sure they sound fantastic cause they sure do look fantastic in there. The lava lamps just add a lot to the room's character.  Beautiful in there and comfy for sure.  The rig has to sound great.   Classy but not sassy!  :)

Thank you Dave for the very kind words!  ...and yes, as you say, 'classy' is a good fit for the room setting.  My late partner put the room together over 17 years ago.  We NEVER had any audio in here, as it was a room for visiting company and conversation.

After his passing, lots of the furniture went back to the family which opened the space up, and then I got the crazy idea to put together an audio system for it little by little up till now.  The two white love seats were his mom's from her condo, and those of course stayed. 

Never thought the room would be so well adapted for a system let alone the Klipsch Forte 4's, but, here it is, and enjoying the very musical results there of.  :emotion-29:

Thanks again everyone, and best wishes for GOOD HEALTH and many more years of music enjoyment to you all :smile:!

• Thanks 6

@AndreG. Dream Theater?  Yea, I chuckled.  Boys take ya for a ride?  lol

Nice video @dirtmudd thanks!  Have most of them but made a lil list.    It's fun throwin 'em down today for a lil change of pace.  Been years since I've heard a lot of them.   :)

Heart-Dreamboat-Annie.jpg

Now WHERE is that ELP Brain salad?  Everything BUT that.  I did all 4 stops in 71 at the old Cleveland Public auditorium on their Tarkus tour.  After the response to the initial show we had them back for 3 nights in a row in the spring..  Then in 74 they did the World Series of Rock at the old Cleveland stadium.  That's the one that just about killed me.  That gong...  lolol     The hunt begins!  It's here somewhere!  😂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Dream Theater?  Yea, I chuckled.  Boys take ya for a ride?  lol

Naa, not really. i picked up a greatest hits collection a few years back for cheap- -and liked it. The CD went to my shelf... Then I got a few LPs in exchange for some LDs one being a DT album and since then I´m buying bit by bit. The nice thing about these InsideOut editions is, you always get the LP and the CD as a double-feature. 

• Like 3