Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

my pop did repairs and prep on woodwinds. He played standup bass   ... his love was Dixieland

He knew Denman.  One day, I saw dad ... he says he's going over some flutes for....  he says. "I don't know him ... you might. Ian Anderson"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

my pop did repairs and prep on woodwinds. He played standup bass   ... his love was Dixieland

He knew Denman.  One day, I saw dad ... he says he's going over some flutes for....  he says. "I don't know him ... you might. Ian Anderson"

Pretty cool that, to say the least...going back to listen to Denman...lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A little trinket / gift given to me by a family member that is aquanted with the band Limp Bizkit during the 2018 Australian tour 

The guitarist WB gave me a pair of Limited Edition custom guitar plectrums 

Here is a photo of them face & reverse ( heads & tails ) 

He has a sense of humour with the spelling 🤪

B0C66DD1-F9BC-4B71-8DC2-16207D0D0CFF.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Something different to spin in the psych/ rock genre from the German underground 

rock scene 

This album was released in 1974 but the band originally formed in the 60s 

They made a lazy name change a few years later  when the band split and the founding members continued on 

They did this by adding II to the band name 😎

A little disjointed as an album but a few gems are there to make it a worthwhile listen 

Artist- Amon Duul II

Title - Hijack 

7C936F02-EBE9-4C16-A1F1-EE53C22ACCB2.jpeg

• Like 4

Ok, on this Easter Sunday evening, over in RTM and decided to share my vinyl plays....   Using the Dynaco preamp and monoblocks I started with this recently purchased LP from Steely Dan.   Right up there with Aja for sure !  DSCN9963.jpg

Rear cover art and track listing......DSCN9964.jpg

• Like 2

...seen here is the VERY heavy card stock and polished inner sleeve.   It really is as heavy as the album outer cover!   The high polish on the surface is seen here with the reflection of the Hall's spotlighting...DSCN9965.jpg

The vinyl itself showing some center label detail...  All that dust and specs get removed BEFORE play, trust me :)DSCN9966.jpg

• Like 3