Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Full Range

Vinyl - Record Spinning

Recommended Posts

Picked up the latest Paul Simon album. Well recorded. Sounds great. Most of his albums do.

871d6c35b185e3e2d042995b6b731d98.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Earthworks has some mold issues 😭  

 

Now on to Allan Holdsworth road games

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Earthworks has some mold issues 😭  

 

Now on to Allan Holdsworth road games

 

Great album to listen to - love my copy 👌

 

————————

The best way to manually clean records is a mix of 

Alchohol or Clear methylated spirits - up to 25%

Window cleaner - up to 10% 

Dishwashing detergent - up to 5 drops per 500 mls 

Distilled water 

Mixed in a spray bottle 

 

Clean record grooves using the mix medium above with either 

White Magic sponge 

Paint Edge / trim applicator 

Then

Whipe dry with clean/ soft microfibre cloth 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Full Range said:

 

Great album to listen to - love my copy 👌

 

————————

The best way to manually clean records is a mix of 

Alchohol or Clear methylated spirits - up to 25%

Window cleaner - up to 10% 

Dishwashing detergent - up to 5 drops per 500 mls 

Distilled water 

Mixed in a spray bottle 

 

Clean record grooves using the mix medium above with either 

White Magic sponge 

Paint Edge / trim applicator 

Then

Whipe dry with clean/ soft microfibre cloth 

 

 

 

 

 

I'll bring back to my local independent record store..

 

Have it run on the vpi hw 16.5....a few times...

 

If it does not work.. I will get my money back..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

I'll bring back to my local independent record store..

 

Have it run on the vpi hw 16.5....a few times...

 

If it does not work.. I will get my money back..

 

That is the other way 😃

But if one does not have that service available close or purchasing records online then the DIY method is the only way 

 

I have a vacuum RCM and another manual bath brush knosti type 

The manual method is great if the records don’t require a deep clean 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Full Range said:

 

That is the other way 😃

But if one does not have that service available close or purchasing records online then the DIY method is the only way 

 

I have a vacuum RCM and another manual bath brush knosti type 

The manual method is great if the records don’t require a deep clean 

Unfortunately I did not catch the water stain ... On the album cover...

 

And did a quick inspection.....

 

It still looks almost new... Just some mold spots... That where not removed...

 

It sounded nice.. And dynamic with some great bottom end..

 

Until it hit those spots....

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All things you put me through
What the hell you want me to
Do all the things that uncle JohnJ needs
I ain't the dog that bites the hand that feeds me

 

 

 

IMG_20190303_204311_hdr.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here's the culprit of that chewed on record, with me and Dylan in the background at a cookout in the early 00s.

Apollo did hundreds in damage to a good portion of my treasured LPs one day when I didn't play with him for a half hour outside before I left for work at 5:00 am.

Not sure where that kid is now, used to ride on the dog's back and did that day too.

Could not hold a grudge against a super hero though, he would growl at parents when they disciplined or yelled at their kids, good thing he listened!

 

Apollo.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one out of the box tonight.

Synchronicity. Saw the Police at the Omni this tour!

"Oh My God" has an interesting percussive beat with subtle different tones to it that this pressing and the F3s make you hear them in a better way.

 

Could be that it's just not that often when I can blast the rig anymore, high noon on the pot just make my Klipsch sing!

 

IMG-20190303-222612.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Purchase this at Barnes and Noble. Pretty good album.

 

IMG_0229.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Nailbender said:

Purchase this at Barnes and Noble. Pretty good album.

 

IMG_0229.JPG

I like your td124 !

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love over gold dire straits

IMG_20190306_214229_hdr.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

I like your td124 !

Thanks. I keep telling myself it was an investment. A little more hum than I'd like.

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Nailbender said:

Thanks. I keep telling myself it was an investment. A little more hum than I'd like.

 

 

 

In most cases it’s earth or poor connection 

Check clips 

Check dry solder joints ( due to age )

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

J Geils monkey island 

 

 

IMG_20190306_222602_hdr.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he's the man, the man with the Midas touch...:

 

 

005.JPG

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...