Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Something out of left field on this next selection 

Its one of many records that I play as test records, the music is enjoyable 

I have & use several albums produced specifically for ballroom dancing, These albums are pitch perfect and time perfect making them the best for turntable setup 

Album - This  HMV - Quadraphonic Sound 

Artist - Various  

image.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

And now back to normal programming 

Saw it on @dirtmudd s photos and wanted to hear it again :ph34r:

The Master - Robert  Fripp, purchased this album when it was first released 

Artist - Robert Fripp 

Album - Exposure 

image.jpeg

ny3 

here comes the flood the version the that pete uses in concert..

what does it say in the dead wax? this is the album that made me start reading dead wax...

• Like 1

Tonight's selection is a collaboration album 

Artists 

Andy Summers of the Police

Robert Fripp of King Crimson 

Album - Bewitched 

Andy keeps this album upbeat and Robert can hit those sweet notes no matter what speed he is playing 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I wouldn't call this album a favourite but it is an archive of the beginnings of something 

Its an experimental album of exploration for these two artists

These exoeriments were a precursor of what was to come 

What did eventualy come was a swag of material that can be described as gold 

An album to be used as a precursor to what's now called ambient music 

And Robert Fripp discivered Frippertronics

More info to read 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/(No_Pussyfooting)

Artists - Brian Eno & Robert Fripp

Title - No Pussyfooting 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I knew I had the King Crimson LP, but I had forgotten about "God Save The Queen"!  Thanks Full Range, for motivating me to re-discover the Fripp in my collection. Fripp talks about Eno and "No Pussyfooting" in the liner notes,  "The system of recording by which two Revoxes form a signal loop and layer sound was introduced to me by Brian Eno in July 1972 in his small front room while we recorded what became the first side of "No Pussyfooting"." 

IMG_0631.thumb.JPG.f84e2936c9d61cfe6278dea11a5ba9f4.JPG

• Like 3

And now for something completely different.... A record album with THREE sides.IMG_0633.thumb.JPG.d1680a892c79d8bafaecdf4c7dda038c.JPG

That's right, "The Monty Python Matching Tie and Handkerchief" LP has three 'sides'. One side (B)  has concentric grooves, two completely different tracks on one side of the album. The labels on both sides say "SIDE 2".  According to the Wikipedia page,  the original UK release in 1973 came with a real tie and handkerchief, and was distributed through menswear stores.  My American issue from Arista Records in 1975 did not. I bought it new and played it many times before accidentally discovering the hidden track.  Does anyone know of any other albums with this unique feature? 

Cheers,

Jim

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, waxburger said:

And now for something completely different.... A record album with THREE sides.IMG_0633.thumb.JPG.d1680a892c79d8bafaecdf4c7dda038c.JPG

That's right, "The Monty Python Matching Tie and Handkerchief" LP has three 'sides'. One side (B)  has concentric grooves, two completely different tracks on one side of the album. The labels on both sides say "SIDE 2".  According to the Wikipedia page,  the original UK release in 1973 came with a real tie and handkerchief, and was distributed through menswear stores.  My American issue from Arista Records in 1975 did not. I bought it new and played it many times before accidentally discovering the hidden track.  Does anyone know of any other albums with this unique feature? 

Cheers,

Jim

I haven't heard it myself but it sounds amazing 

Info sourced from the net  

Matching Tie and Handkerchief" (Arista Records 1973). 
Put it on side 2. Of course, since it's Python both sides are labled side 2 but one has the designation "SB". 
Start the album, listen to the opening of the first skit. 
Then, restart the album. You may have to lift and place the stylus a few times before you hit the parallel groove, but when you do you will get a completely different track. This runs through the whole side. 
One can have  this album for months before One heard the third side. At first you could not figure out why the second side seemed so much shorter than the first.

FR

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:14 PM, dwilawyer said:

I always loved this band.  Their 2nd lp, I like it even better than their acclaimed debut Vincibus Eric

OR 1P

Outsideinside.jpg

Yes, vincibus eruptum... We listened to this album in art class, lol...Babylon

Lucky man you are to have old lp....

• Like 2