Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

However he´s a great musican.....

Many of his releases have in common that Townsend combines a multitude of instruments, vocals and sound effects that can be heard simultaneously to create a "Wall of Sound".

Townsend's albums are, by his own account, strongly autobiographical and deal primarily with very personal themes. Townsend describes himself as spiritual and attributes it to his devotion to a higher purpose that even the extremely hard characteristics of his music do not spread "negative vibes". In addition to his eclectic musical output, Townsend owes part of his popularity to his image as the "crazy professor of metal", which was supported by his at times very distinctive hairstyles and exalted stage shows. In interviews, however, Townsend emphasizes that this image is not true.  He attributes this misunderstanding to the fact that he often did not have himself under control due to his many years of excessive cannabis consumption.   

• Like 4

On 8/17/2020 at 6:10 PM, Shiva said:

Just bought it off of Amazon.   A 3 disc set, for $20 bucks. 

When I listened to the album on Youtube yesterday, it was immediately clear to me that I have to buy it as a CD. You put it into your CD player, put yourself on the sofa and you will be disassembled by this music. You can't buy it as vinyl, because you have to experience it as a whole. A double CD and additionally a DVD. It doesn't get better for $ 15 .

Can´t wait to have it here.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, billybob said:

Here is the group talked about. Albert Lee and co...played with EmmyLou in SF. No wonder played on DP...have the LP...:

As I told you a couple of days ago..You´ve got something in front of me ......But it's certainly not your age ..I can't really judge that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

As I told you a couple of days ago..You´ve got something in front of me ......But it's certainly not your age ..I can't really judge that.

Yes, don't know what your seeing.

Been boogying since 64 not it.

Your the man, man😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Moved my stereo out to fill the hole vacated by the piano being in that place my whole life.

Didn't fit in here but:

So my well built cabinet has always been on carpet or a decently thick rug.

Not to mention that the day we moved long ago I was in the hospital getting my new filter. My drunken father in law begrudgingly helped them move this cabinet and other large stuff that I hadn't already moved into the new home. This newly built cabinet was dropped down the steps then, nobody told me but I noticed a couple irregularities when I got home two weeks later. They `fessed up then.

So on hardwood the 2 1/4 inch diameter rubber balls in the casters do not keep things solid, even after adding the weight of the vinyl back in. So wasn't about to play any records. In the future when I move I'll see about taking the casters off and fortifying the base with cross ways slats attached, right now it's just the perimeter 1" thick wood.

Waiting on phone and "E'd" business stuff so I got to get caught up a little here this morning.

Sorbothane to the rescue:   https://www.isolateit.com/vibration-isolating-discs/sorbothane-vibration-isolation-circular-pad.html#product_tabs_description_tabbed

Put some large 70 duro discs under the casters, then 50 d under the feet of the tt and I can stomp around in front of the rig and it does not come through the cart!

Started out walking softly though because I had this gem playing!

Edgar Winter Group

"They Only Come Out at Night"

IMG-20200819-123442.jpg

It almost 1pm got to get back to the pressure washer and finish today to get it back to my neighbor quickly!!

Edited by JohnJ
+ the music
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Moved my stereo out to fill the hole vacated by the piano being in that place my whole life.

Didn't fit in here but:

So my well built cabinet has always been on carpet or a decently thick rug.

Not to mention that the day we moved long ago I was in the hospital getting my new filter. My drunken father in law begrudgingly helped them move this cabinet and other large stuff that I hadn't already moved into the new home. This newly built cabinet was dropped down the steps then, nobody told me but I noticed a couple irregularities when I got home two weeks later. They `fessed up then.

So on hardwood the 2 1/4 inch diameter rubber balls in the casters do not keep things solid, even after adding the weight of the vinyl back in. So wasn't about to play any records. In the future when I move I'll see about taking the casters off and fortifying the base with cross ways slats attached, right now it's just the perimeter 1" thick wood.

Waiting on phone and "E'd" business stuff so I got to get caught up a little here this morning.

Sorbothane to the rescue:   https://www.isolateit.com/vibration-isolating-discs/sorbothane-vibration-isolation-circular-pad.html#product_tabs_description_tabbed

Put some large 70 duro discs under the casters, then 50 d under the feet of the tt and I can stomp around in front of the rig and it does not come through the cart!

Started out walking softly though because I had this gem playing!

Edgar Winter Group

"They Only Come Out at Night"

IMG-20200819-123442.jpg

It almost 1pm got to get back to the pressure washer and finish today to get it back to my neighbor quickly!!

I have also been using Sorbothane absorbers for a very long time. These are very efficient and absorb extremely well. The graphic shows this in comparison to conventional absorbing materials .

image.jpeg.7d496ec922fb176de33b5a2ae5397674.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I'm in listening mode today.  Might dig something out for y'all, I dunno.

Was up at 3AM... in the kitchen. Putting breakfast/lunch/dinner together

Garfield breakfast/lunch/dinner... lasagna. Ate some "breakfast"... Sleepy now

动态图GIF: cat, food, hungry, eat, dinner, lunch, garfield, feed ...

• Haha 4

Got Devin's "Casualties of Cool" in the mail today.  It is playing now and sounds glorious.  Hot and humid days here in California, so during times like these,  I like running my Topping 32EX T-amp, which runs cool and sounds great, despite its small size.     You can see it glowing on the bottom right, an Oppo 93 playing the disc, then into the Epic CF3's.     

unnamed.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1