Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Last week I got my new Tedeschi Truck 4 lp set.  Wanna talk marketing?  $100 and I got exactly what I ordered I guess.  4 single albums w/no jacket all in a bit heavier than normal liner.  Guess I should have spent the extra $25 or 30 an the box set of 4.  lol  Amazing.  :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Genesis in the 1970s... It completely passed by me without me noticing them. I only got to know Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel and Steve Winwood as solo-artists.

So that means I can be on the look-out to by that 1970s Genesis vinyl when it is re-released on 180g vinyl!

Here is a very interesting interview with Steve Hacket about the intricacies of Genesis' viny records. Because bass is really demanding (takes up much of the groove), they'd cut off the bass! 

https://www.analogplanet.com/content/steve-hackett-revisits-roots-genesis-seconds-out-and-more-vinyl-both-virgin-and-new-part-i 

0908.apinterview.genesis.secondsout.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MeloManiac said:

Genesis in the 1970s... It completely passed by me without me noticing them. I only got to know Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel and Steve Winwood as solo-artists.

So that means I can be on the look-out to by that 1970s Genesis vinyl when it is re-released on 180g vinyl!

Here is a very interesting interview with Steve Hacket about the intricacies of Genesis' viny records. Because bass is really demanding (takes up much of the groove), they'd cut off the bass! 

https://www.analogplanet.com/content/steve-hackett-revisits-roots-genesis-seconds-out-and-more-vinyl-both-virgin-and-new-part-i 

0908.apinterview.genesis.secondsout.jpg

That is a great album - highly rated by fans 

Two drummers Phil Collins and Bill Bruford 

This is post Peter Gabriel but for some reason lots of the Steve Hackett guitar has been mixed out or subdued 

• Like 4

Those last couple of posts and I was snickering just a bit.  It seems as though the "MelloOne" is slipping into the rabbit hole.   😂   Won't be long and he'll be on a quest for all of the old Genesis lp's.  Yes, MelloOne it's gonna happen...  😂   😂   😂  Good job w/that lil tweek right there Paul.  :)  😂

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Those last couple of posts and I was snickering just a bit.  It seems as though the "MelloOne" is slipping into the rabbit hole.   😂   Won't be long and he'll be on a quest for all of the old Genesis lp's.  Yes, MelloOne it's gonna happen...  😂   😂   😂  Good job w/that lil tweek right there Paul.  :)  😂

Music Lessons for a teacher 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Since the Clapton show was last Thursday and I said I'd share some details n pics here's one I loaded at some point.  Tons of stuff going on around me lately so there hasn't been much time to post let alone spin.

Maybe I posted this one.  Ugh!  lol

20220908-223059.jpg

Clean and simple set up, which is always nice to be able to do. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1