What I Got Today!

Brac

10 minutes ago, joessportster said:

The cabinet is what they call an H-Frame, it is a simple 19 inch cube with no front or back and a baffle centered with an Emminence Alpha 15a pro driver

https://www.parts-express.com/eminence-alpha-15a-15-driver--290-407

I was setting here with my mouth open when they hit the first bass note, I swear you would think these are  bass reflex its crazy. every bit as deep as I had in the BR cabinet with none of the boominess or mud associated with that cabinet. Impressed with the response would be an understatement Chaka Kahn is shaking my  Arse as I type.  I will get a pic from the side and back though there isnt much to see :) 

I have been using H frame OB for several years now and love the sound.  I am very interesting in upgrading my Eminence 15" drivers for Audio Nirvana.  I actually just ordered an Audio Nirvana Alnico 8" driver to test in my Oris horns.  I have always been keeping an eye out for a better OB 15" driver.  I just LOVE the sound of the open baffle. I did quite a bit of experimenting several years ago with various OB designs.  I found the actual sound and measured performance to be excellent with the H frame.  What drivers do you have above the H frame?

1 hour ago, Schu said:

Wow... take a look at that. Awesome Joseph.

Time to change that signature  :)

:emotion-21: yea its time.  Im pretty happy with things now (something will ruin that soon enough  :( )  Told the wife I can start concentrating on music ( vinyl )  I like that Puffin, easy to set up, now I need to tweak the cartridge get it set up better and I should be all in

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rudy81 said:

Never mind ....I see Alnico AN drivers.  Are those 15"?  Can you describe your xover setup?

Audio Nirvana Classic Alnico 15's up top.............Pricey but love them.  No Crossovers,  the AN up top are full range  powered by VRD's, The Bass is powered by Crown XLS1002 with onboard crossover set at 100HZ

1 minute ago, Rudy81 said:

Oh yes, I know they are pricey.  Do you have a thread on that build?  Interested in how you set everything up.

No Thread I am to lazy to do that nicely and to impatient................ No magic here just straight on easy set up,  The top baffle is mdf  19 inches wide X 26 inches tall, 15 inch an is centered on baffle and height was set so center of driver is 36 inches off the floor.  Scrap pieces made the T and the 45 degree braces on the back Titebond Glue and finish nails is all that is holding things together.

The H Frame is 5 pieces of wood 1 @ 17.5 by 17.5 inches with a 14 inch hole centered for the driver,  2 boards at 19 inches by 19 inches (top and bottom) 2 Boards at 17.5 by 19 inches for the sides.  I offset the baffle by 1 inch to the front to make sure the rear of the driver did not stick out

Electronics are easier yet, source to pre with 2 sets of output 1 output to the VRD's which are connected straight to the top AN Drivers, 2nd output is connected to a crown XLS 1002 which has the low Pass set at 100 HZ, both gain controls on the crown are set to max

• Like 1

OK; too many amps and speakers in my stereo room ... so got a cheap Russound 2 amp / 4 speaker switcher off FleaBay.  Had one previously, but of course gave that one away when I switched to one tube amp and one set of speakers. Coming from Canada ... actually reasonably priced ... Haha; usually those Canadians want way too much for for their stuff :D (Same with the Japanese :( )

Cheers, Emile

Russound-SS-4-Impedance-Matching-4-Pair-Speaker-amp-AMP-Selector

• Like 1

6 hours ago, joessportster said:

Home defense has taken a nice convenient leap forward :)

Congrats ... pretty cool :D  But ... I am an F&N fan.  Actually bought the Five-Seven after reading some Clive Cussler novels :) Loved it and got the semi-automatic P90 (50 rounds/mag). Have to be prepared in Florida for "after the hurricane." :D 

Image result for fn five seven

Image result for fn p90

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Emile said:

Congrats ... pretty cool :D  But ... I am an F&N fan.  Actually bought the Five-Seven after reading some Clive Cussler novels :) Loved it and got the semi-automatic P90 (50 rounds/mag). Have to be prepared in Florida for "after the hurricane." :D 

Image result for fn five seven

Image result for fn p90

Very Nice. But would not want to use those inside a house with innocents about. The Judge can use shotgun 410 shells the odds of going through a wall are greatly reduced. the odds of hitting ones target are greatly improved

• Like 2