NCAAF

oldtimer

Emotionally and logically, Wolverine fans should root for Nittany Lions to defeat the hated Buckeyes.  It would hurt to have the team that just spanked Michigan get beaten.  An OSU loss and then a Michigan victory over OSU could salvage Michigan's season.

A PSU victory is potentially better for the B1G Conference, as it preserves the possibility of two undefeated teams, PSU & Wisconsin, meeting in the conference championship game with the winner guaranteed a spot in CFP.

29 minutes ago, EmilC said:

With all this PSU and OSU talk, I forgot that Michigan State is 6 and 1 with games against both PSU and OSU.

Hey, ya never know

As a Spartan, I agree, "ya never know," but as a realist, Dantonio has done an amazing job of bouncing back from 3-9 last season, but PSU and OSU are better on paper, and better on the field.  

MSU must focus on each play of each game; it's not just a cliche.  Today the focus must be on Northwestern in Evanston.  Only after succeeding there can the young Spartans think about the Nittany Lions in East Lansing next week.

In a sense MSU is playing with house money.  They've already over achieved and will be headed to a bowl game no matter what.  

12 hours ago, cincymat said:

Not. Barret was 13/13 with 3 TDS in the 4th qtr. 

He was awesome.  PSU couldnt lay a hand on him.Had all the time in the world to throw.

I expected a loss but what hurts the most is that they actually gave me hope......and choked:(