Seller's Remorse

Woofers and Tweeters

We have the 'What I got Today" and 'Craigslist Score' threads. What about a Seller's Remorse thread?

I have been fortunate to have plowed through a lot of equipment. It has cost me relationships and I'm sure that, ones, I should have been buying something that I needed, rather than more speakers. More than once I have had something and sold it, only to buy it or another one just like it, because I thought that I didn't give it a fair chance. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it was like relighting a smokes cigarette or watching a rerun, hoping it ends differently.  

Maybe I am the only one, but I have seller's remorse about a few deals. The one that I would have again are the CF4 V1.

Does anyone else suffer from seller's remorse?   

• Like 1

McIntosh MDA 1000 DAC

Built like a tank.  Turned everything to lush.  I sold it because it didn't have USB.  In my head constantly thinking that connection would be better.  Man I was way wrong.  These are still very expensive on the used market.  Owners won't let go.

704macda.jpg

• Like 2

Every once in a while I regret dismantling my 2-channel system of Cornwalls with Jupiter cap crossovers from dean, schiit gungnir, Maynard tube amp, and a MacBook pro. Looked good, sounded good, and was a super simple and robust nearfield system. I still have the tube amp, but everything else is gone now. I think maybe it's the gungnir I miss the most.

• Like 1

No regerts....

But I do have nightmares that I no longer own my 1992 Integra GS-R... 

4907989174_d0dc0058c5_o.jpg

4907393105_17429f9677_o.jpg

4907405827_b9c7758e61_o.jpg

Original owner... Huber rare Honda. No more than 3500 units were built worldwide,. Assembled in Japan at the Suzuka facility which is where the type R and the NSX were built.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, teaman said:

I never realized those were so rare Schu, one of our electricians has a white or silver one. I had no idea they were a limited commodity. He loves it and still won't get rid of it, even though he rides his Harley all summer.

A Harley rider that owns a Honda.....cool.

3 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Do share :emotion-21:

My motorcycle regret is that I didn't start road racing at an earlier age :D

I wish I started earlier also, I guess 46 was a little late to start racing, but I had fun and learned a lot. I thought I was fast till I took it to the track....very humbling.

I'm a Honda guy, especially V-4 Hondas. I've owned about every type of Honda V-4s except a couple of the ultra rare and expensive ones (RC45, RC30) and got rid of most of those to prepare for life. All the bikes I've owned would look spectacular in my garage right now :D

3 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Don't worry, they have nice metal repair pieces for almost every part of your body.

JJK

I'm glad I didn't' have any major mishaps to require any non factory repairs!

The best motorcycle racer ever broke his tibia and fibula 20 days ago, and has 2 titanium rods in his leg now. He plans on racing this Sunday. I'm amazed what those guys can accomplish when it comes to racing a motorcycle.

I've sold two pairs of Yamaha NS-1000's, 10 years apart, and I still wished I owned a pair.  Maybe I'll run across another pair locally again.  Oh, Altec VOTTs!  I loved a pair that I refurbished.  I might not like them as much today, but I loved while I owned them.  I had Valencia's too, but preferred the big A7's instead.