A class act

CECAA850

8 minutes ago, richieb said:

Indeed that is not only a generous but a compassionate gesture. Just because he makes the big $$$ has no bearing what he does with it.

And I'm sure everything can and seems to be politicized these days. I for one am sick of it, I'll pass. Good on him ---

He seems to be a good leader and great under pressure.  Houston has screwed up more than it's fair share of draft pick but (it's early I know) I'm thinking they got this one right.

16 minutes ago, richieb said:

Indeed that is not only a generous but a compassionate gesture. Just because he makes the big $$$ has no bearing what he does with it.

And I'm sure everything can and seems to be politicized these days. I for one am sick of it, I'll pass. Good on him ---

He did a terrific act, I'm sure those workers were surprised. But he doesn't make the big bucks, barely league minimum. He gave away 1/16th of his annual income...many players make more in a week than he does for a year. I hope he does well.

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

He did a terrific act, I'm sure those workers were surprised. But he doesn't make the big bucks, barely league minimum. He gave away 1/16th of his annual income...many players make more in a week than he does for a year. I hope he does well.

Good point(s). When I said he makes big $$$ it was in comparison to us average Joes. But when you broke it down to 1/16 his annual salary that put a bit more emphasis to the donation. Nice call -  

But don't forget his future earnings will soon skyrocket to be truly Big $$$. He will do fine and he did a fine thing ---

2 minutes ago, jwc said:

I gave-up on NFL a long time ago.  There is definitely better time spent........... doing other things.

Haven't given-up but rarely will you find me in front of a complete game, even my Chiefs. Much better things for beautiful fall weather. Now if I'm snowed in a bit more TV time, unfortunately. Yes I know, I need a productive hobby.

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Good point(s). When I said he makes big $$$ it was in comparison to us average Joes. But when you broke it down to 1/16 his annual salary that put a bit more emphasis to the donation. Nice call -  

But don't forget his future earnings will soon skyrocket to be truly Big $$$. He will do fine and he did a fine thing ---

It's hard to imagine some of the salaries of these players.....30 million a year, over 500k a week! I hope he does well and gets his payday soon, because I think he will do other good things for people. 

11 minutes ago, richieb said:

Haven't given-up but rarely will you find me in front of a complete game, even my Chiefs. Much better things for beautiful fall weather. Now if I'm snowed in a bit more TV time, unfortunately. Yes I know, I need a productive hobby.

Your Chiefs are one of two undefeated teams left. Quite a few have picked the Chiefs and Falcons in the SB. I feel the same way, I just can't sit for 3 hours and watch a game. I am glued to the tube during a MotoGP bike race though, but they're only 50 minutes long.

23 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

It's hard to imagine some of the salaries of these players.....30 million a year, over 500k a week! I hope he does well and gets his payday soon, because I think he will do other good things for people. 

Your Chiefs are one of two undefeated teams left. Quite a few have picked the Chiefs and Falcons in the SB. I feel the same way, I just can't sit for 3 hours and watch a game. I am glued to the tube during a MotoGP bike race though, but they're only 50 minutes long.

I can no longer find GP on channels I have, I miss it. Still watch F1 very early on weekend mornings or record it. An hour and a half and you're good to go. NASCAR? Been done with that for some time. Helll, I can paint a side of the house, cut the grass, grill some steaks, eat those steaks, and still catch the final five laps if so inclined. And by then I'm usually reclined not inclined--