HAS ANYONE DONE THIS ...

BigStewMan

I used one, count them, one, in a salsa.   My wife says delicious but too hot, so I added 2 or 3 more tomatoes to stretch it out.  Still just as hot just more of it now.  She says quit wasting tomatoes it wont help.  It was pretty dad gummed hot.  She ended up eating it all anyway because it tasted so good.  But trust me it pushed the limit on heat level.

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Scorpions, from my experience.

making me think i need to crack open that bottle of your latest sauce ... i still have some of the Habanero left, which is VERY good.  I’m actually surprised that I like it so much; because, i’ve eaten Habanero before and didn’t like the taste.  Somehow you managed to make it likable. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

making me think i need to crack open that bottle of your latest sauce ... i still have some of the Habanero left, which is VERY good.  I’m actually surprised that I like it so much; because, i’ve eaten Habanero before and didn’t like the taste.  Somehow you managed to make it likable. 

Part of it must be the chiles.  I noticed those habaneros don't have that deep down earthy taste that they usually do.  It all boils down to the soil and conditions in which they are grown.

• 4 weeks later...

@CECAA850 what the heck is that little orange pepper that I put the confused like under?

Years ago I ate one of those on a dare outside in 103 degree FL weather painting elastomeric spray & backroll to try to get it to stick without drying up first.There was no shade.  Pretty sure it was the week before that giant fire that started near 95 at St Augustine. That's where the condos were.

Burning ashes fell on me outside my front door on July 4 1998 in Maitland!

My Mexi friends told me it was a habinero. I've never gone near those ever again. Only had tea and ice..... no salt `till hours later back in Orlando. It tore me up!

itty-bitty d@mn*d pumpkin is what it looked like, just like your pics!