NO LONGER NEEDED: Heresy II, KP-201, Forte, etc. any condition

DizRotus

Looking for Heresy II, Forte, KP-201, etc.  In other words, I need the tweeters and squawkers from those, or similar, speakers as the foundation for a second pair of @ClaudeJ1‘s “Super Heresy.”

The condition of enclosures is not important; the worse they are the better.  Likewise I’m not concerned about the woofers.  Please send PM with any details or questions.  Thanks.

I bought a pair of KP-201 from @ClaudeJ1 for my sister-in-law to give to my brother for Christmas.   It remains to be seen whether he modifies them or just enjoys them as they are.

As it turns out, I am still interested in the subject of this thread.  This evening I got an email from the middle school band director asking me if I could help with a music system similar to the one (La Scalas) I did for the High School.  I might need to find some more KP-201s or something similar.

Pardon the mess.  The KP-201s destined for my brother are in front of my Supers.  They'll clean up nicely.  They sound great.

20171127_220735 (Medium).jpg

20171127_220957 (Medium).jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DizRotus said:

The KP-201s destined for my brother are in front of my Supers.  They'll clean up nicely.  They sound great.

If you want to put them on top of your non-factory Super Heresy's for comparison, you can borrow my A/B switch if so inclined. I'd be curious to know what that experience would yield in your estimation of sound quality differences.

• Like 1

Hey Diz, just letting you know if you need a pair for the school program and are short on options I have a pair of KP-250 that you can borrow for the time you need. Not sure if I would part with them permanently as of right now as I have irons in the fire but I know you too are in MI and I am in Howell if this helps you out!

Tim

2 hours ago, teaman said:

Hey Diz, just letting you know if you need a pair for the school program and are short on options I have a pair of KP-250 that you can borrow for the time you need. Not sure if I would part with them permanently as of right now as I have irons in the fire but I know you too are in MI and I am in Howell if this helps you out!

Tim

Thanks for the offer Tim.  I've not yet actually spoken with the band director; only traded emails.  I'll let you know if I need to take you up on your offer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Thanks for the offer Tim.  I've not yet actually spoken with the band director; only traded emails.  I'll let you know if I need to take you up on your offer.

Also, I forgot to mention that I have about 10 different 2-channel power amps, an analog pre amp,  and a remote control DAC from Emotiva for sale in the near future. This could be part of a system rather than just speakers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Also, I forgot to mention that I have about 10 different 2-channel power amps, an analog pre amp,  and a remote control DAC from Emotiva for sale in the near future. This could be part of a system rather than just speakers.

That sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing your list of equipment for sale Claude!

Tim

Tim @teaman you should contact Claude @ClaudeJ1.  He might have speakers you’d be interested in. Pontiac is closer than California.

Removing years of grime helped.  I replaced most of the rusty screws with shiny black new screws.  Whether these go to my brother or the school, I couldn't bare to deliver them with rusty screw heads.  They sound spectacular.  

Thanks Claude.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Me too, but I have to work at making the list before we do. LOL.

First items on the list is Emotiva XDA-2 and First Watt Aleph J clone with doubled up output devices to lower the source impedance and raise the wattage from 30-40 Watts of pure, tubelike, single ended class A. 

Will these work ?

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ele/d/fs-ft-klipsch-kp-101-t/6405798551.html

FS/FT: Klipsch KP-101-B-T vintage studio monitor speakers made in USA! - $150(Chicago, Berwyn or Glen Ellyn) hide this posting

image 11 of 24

00R0R_272j1xTjxAq_600x450.jpg

00g0g_kuEW6x5lcma_600x450.jpg

00U0U_lhM1QiTp1As_600x450.jpg

00606_8koiwWM4cxp_600x450.jpg

00k0k_tLfDgLlpsp_600x450.jpg

00707_3y5qshlWmVI_600x450.jpg

00L0L_5kFegkVI8el_600x450.jpg

01313_efQssNBseAi_600x450.jpg

00101_4jEm7aMrU3Z_600x450.jpg

00g0g_iqzEulskjlm_600x450.jpg

00202_joSirTd25MQ_600x450.jpg

00y0y_j360ps14Jy9_600x450.jpg

00M0M_hu5ewBqsFB2_600x450.jpg

00S0S_4rCfQZIjWWo_600x450.jpg

00H0H_dvhBG4Xb4eh_600x450.jpg

00i0i_HbFOVWctVw_600x450.jpg

00B0B_ghfK5H6Gzpb_600x450.jpg

00707_31351ZgG3In_600x450.jpg

00909_jmrZ9EFV2af_600x450.jpg

00c0c_lRGBZDXK7Fc_600x450.jpg

00X0X_fdw6zKQz7zd_600x450.jpg

00g0g_ce373izEgOa_600x450.jpg

00303_fRAq36vlTA5_600x450.jpg

6090.png6090.png6091.png6091.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon-2x.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
Ridgeland Ave. at Cermak Rd.

(google map)

make / manufacturer: Klipsch 
model name / number: KP-101-B-T 

Here is a pair of classic Klipsch studio monitors that were made in the USA. See the last pic for full specs. The KP-110 was the same speaker just manufactured at a different time when they used a different model name system. They show their age a bit but they are fully functional. They have inputs for standard speaker wire either clamped down with the red and black nuts or inserted into the ends with banana clips. And they have a separate input for a musical instrument cable run straight from an amp. All inputs and speakers are tested and working as they should. They came from the factory with threaded lugs in the top and bottom to configure them how you like on stands. See pics for condition and dimensions. They're in Glen Ellyn but I can bring them to 

2 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

First items on the list is Emotiva XDA-2 and First Watt Aleph J clone with doubled up output devices to lower the source impedance and raise the wattage from 30-40 Watts of pure, tubelike, single ended class A. 

Hey Claude, once you get a list together with what goodies you want to sell, feel free to PM me the list. I am pretty local to you and may be interested. Thanks

Tim

11 hours ago, DizRotus said:

@ClaudeJ1 what were those speakers playing Kind of Blue the other night?  Have you painted them yet?

Chorus II's in great shape internally. All drivers and Xover in mint condition. No I have not painted them yet.. It's oak veneer is still in need of some TLC. LOL.

I have owned Forte 1, Cornwalls, Chorus I, and Chorus II speakers. IMHO, Chorus II is the best of the bunch (that tractrix horn is nice) but it seems more room dependent, and should be a called a "CORN" since, like the Forte I, II, or III, you choke off the bass because of the passive radiator (drone cone) being blocked. Chorus I's were designed as a slimmer alternative to a Cornwall. They were demonstrated for me when they were first released, at a local dealer, by Woody Jackson, who was then the VP of Marketing and Sales for Klipsch and Associates. I asked him if they would replace the Cornwalls. He said: "We'll let the market decide." Well the market apparently preferred the fat bass of the Cornwall and the legacy of PWK! But I still think the Chorus II is a better compromise (narrower and taller), so to speak, than the Cornwall.

I'm off to NYC to pick up another pair of different speakers. BTW, I already got my TI 3255 in less than a week. I'll probably put it inside a Yamaha Pro Amp and use it's linear power supply and connectors. Let the games begin!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I have owned Forte 1, Cornwalls, Chorus I, and Chorus II speakers. IMHO, Chorus II is the best of the bunch

I still think the Chorus II is a better compromise (narrower and taller), so to speak, than the Cornwall.

I couldn't agree more. I do like the Cornwall, thought they sounded very good but they did get slightly harsh at higher volumes, much higher than normal listening levels. The biggest draw back for me is the shear size of the cabinet, never really have had the space for such large (wide) speaker myself, still don't.