CL: Vintage Klipsch Speakers(Tallahassee)

billybob

Thanks all who made me come to my senses! :lol: Seriously...

Went smooth as silk. Handed the young guy the money to count when I first walked in because

staring me in the face were the LaScalas. Had brought a small dolly which came into it nicely. Loaded up in my Volvo V70 easily with room to spare. At first glance, they were smaller than what I had remembered in person. Looked intact and fairly decent. Grills and badges too. Do not know what the crossover is cause it was just a matter of loading them as they were mine. Labels on the back there and will be looking at them soon.

After that, guys helped me load all the manuals and cables, and the 4 H/K components. AVR , 5 disc player, cassette player and an EQ. No room for the entertainment stand which was decent dark wood. Asked them to sell it. After a short BS with them about playing them in their home there in a tight neighborhood once, told me about playing them outside before and reiterated the loud part.

There may have been another piece of electronics that had been sold already but,  may have misunderstood, and to be honest, I was and am just a happy camper here.

Resting and letting the speakers rest in car. Whirlwind day and just like a dream with my name on it, this time. Score! lol :emotion-44::emotion-21:

Maybe there around 20 minutes tops!Dazed and confused!B)

Thanks again guys!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Way to go Billy Bob!!! We would have been rough on you, if you let this deal pass you by. You may have stated this many times before, but have you ever had LS's before (or Belles or Khorns for that matter). Once hooked up, what song do you play first?

Chorus was first and remains from 2001.  Had several different since joining here but no, first timer owning LS. There was a pair I put on here a few months ago, walnut K-Horns for a real decent price. Time was right! Now that is a hard one. Mind has been blank since mini-trip to get them. Led Zeppelin has been circulating a lot here today so. Led Zeppelin 3 on CD may be just the one. Thanks man!

In the interest of full disclosure just popped a top.:emotion-22: Not needed as on a natural high this PM.

26 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Wow great day when you find a deal like that! Hope they sound good, and like said before if they don't you can make them better than new for not too much!  Congrats @billybob!

That is something I will definitely be keeping in mind. Thanks John!:emotion-21:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Lemme get this straight; a pair of La Scalas for $400 AND some H/K electronics thrown in for free?

That's a @Youthman deal if I ever heard one! 

Nice score.  :emotion-21:

Have been a big fan of Michael since I came here. Just part of the whole deal or advert. 

Have respect for a deal stated as in advert. This will open up avenues of listening of course for me. Thanks Dave!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DizRotus said:

You're most welcome.  I love spending other people's money.

Well money wll spent I am finding out. Keeper are the LS, lolol. Although, the H/K needs listening to. Looks a little bit old school. Maybe the light of day.

BTW, As I was leaving, heard a voice, stopping me. Seems I had lost my driver's  license for a couple of weeks now in a bank cash envelope when cashing a check of all things. Was just looking online at the hassle of a duplicate.  Like that quite a lot also. Think it is starting to sink in. Needless to say, that without help, I will defer until tomorrow.