WX: We don't do this down here!

USNRET

Detailed forecast for

Nueces County

Tonight
Breezy. Periods of rain and drizzle until early morning. Snow after midnight. Snow accumulation 1 to 3 inches. lows in the lower 30s inland...in the upper 30s coast. North winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Stronger winds expected closer to the coast. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent. wind chill readings 22 to 25.
Friday
Cloudy with a 30 percent chance of light snow early in the morning, then clearing in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 35 mph becoming 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Wind chill readings 22 to 25 in the morning.

It was 80 a couple of days ago.
  • Like 1

Many months on Adak, Ak, a couple of years in Maine and 3 years in Iceland I moved to WARM weather. You guys can keep your stuff where it belongs.

Camping is possible without a permit on Alaska Maritime National Wildlife Refuge lands, but is generally not recommended due to the harsh climate. The wind on Adak is highly variable and often unpredictable. Gusts can exceed 100 knots (190 km/h) or more (the record speed is unknown because the wind ripped the anemometer off of the tower). During the calmer summer months, sustained wind speeds average in the low double digits gusting to 50 knots (93 km/h) or more.

• Like 1

Just now, JJkizak said:

Their ain't nothin like a little snow to keep your head on straight.

JJK

Not MY head I am worried about. Please don't tell me that I have to venture out on the roads here with THOSE folks.

• Like 1

Just now, CECAA850 said:

Ummmm no.  A nice sunny day by the pool with a cocktail in hand works infinitely better. 

I'm trying to convince myself that the cold and snow doesn't bother me!

I do like a little snow though, especially on Christmas. 

Or if I'm on a snowmobile :D

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Not MY head I am worried about. Please don't tell me that I have to venture out on the roads here with THOSE folks.

1 hour ago, USNRET said:
Detailed forecast for

Nueces County

Tonight
Breezy. Periods of rain and drizzle until early morning. Snow after midnight. Snow accumulation 1 to 3 inches. lows in the lower 30s inland...in the upper 30s coast. North winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Stronger winds expected closer to the coast. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent. wind chill readings 22 to 25.
Friday
Cloudy with a 30 percent chance of light snow early in the morning, then clearing in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 35 mph becoming 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Wind chill readings 22 to 25 in the morning.

It was 80 a couple of days ago.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Except when it's 6am and it's 15 degrees, and you're shoveling and thinking.....WTF.

Been there done that.  Got the T shirt.

When I was 14 I'd have to crank up the snow blower at 4:30 in the morning  and clear the end of people's driveways that the snow plows would block in.  No more of that for me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Been there done that.  Got the T shirt.

When I was 14 I'd have to crank up the snow blower at 4:30 in the morning  and clear the end of people's driveways that the snow plows would block in.  No more of that for me.

just floods.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, USNRET said:

Snow after midnight. Snow accumulation 1 to 3 inches.

My advice:  Y'all aren't used to driving in snow, so LOOK OUT FOR THE OTHER GUYS!  Many inexperienced drivers aren't very confident in the snow and respond by driving dangerously slow.

I suggest you take advantage of the circumstances and find out why the rest of us love snow;  head to the nearest vacant snow covered parking lot, and practice doing doughnuts!

It's a blast!  B)

+++

Edit:  And don't forget to get into a snow ball fight with somebody.  Wives especially love to have their hair and makeup messed up with a snow ball to the head.  :D

If you don't know how to make a snowball, just Google it.  I'm sure there is a Youtube vid on it somewhere. 

• Like 1