Help setting up amp

vasubandu

The last time I had an amp was in college, and I have forgotten every thing about it.

The back of my Outlaw 7700 has three horizontal rows with 1 items in each row.  So 7 sets of 3.  The top looks like an RCA jack.  The middle is a plug with a round jack that has 3 pins. I have matching cables for those.  And the bottom is the LR for speakers.  My Integram DTR 50.6 does not have the round jacks with 3 pins.  It has a single rca jack for every part of the 7.2 with 2 for subwoofer.

So do I just use RCA cables or is there something special I need?  The amp has a switch for balanced or unbalanced for all elements. Do I want balanced?  I know this is basic but appreciate the help.

The "3 pin"  on the Outlaw are XLR balanced inputs. Your Integra does not have balanced outputs. Just get some RCA cables (unbalanced) and use those or you can buy cables with XLR at on end and RCA on the other. Using RCA's is fine though. Make sure the switches are set to unbalanced when using RCA cables at the amp.

The manual for the Outlaw has some good illustrations.

Nice combo btw!

http://pdf.outlawaudio.com/outlaw/docs/7700_7500manual.pdf

7700-rear-huge.jpg

back_large.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK kids, those are opinions, not judgment.  Asking whether as CF-4 is superior to a KLF-30 is asking about the acoustical properties of the two, not "I like this one more because it has bigger hooters, I mean woofers. If it were a matter of judgment, I would have to write you guys off because everyone knows that coconut ice cream reigns supreme.

8 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

OK, let me just throw this out there. How many of you have had coconut ice cream? Because I have had all of your kinds, well except squid, so I can definitively  say that coconut is the best. If you have not had coconut, then just go on enjoying your insipid vanilla.

I love coconut ice cream, but I like it less sweet than it's usually prepared.  My preference is still a good coffee ice cream. 

One of my other favorites is a simple Haagen Dazs swiss vanilla almond.

Hudsonville Ice Cream makes a stellar Toasted Coconut...

But the real top drawer combo is still Breyers Vanilla and Breyers Coffee.  When I was 5 yrs. old or so (a while back) my grandfather would take me to a small ice cream shop in Teaneck NJ, where I would order a sugar cone with Breyers Coffee and Vanilla, with Vanilla on top.  Never forget it......