Reduced---- Heresy III's -- Cherry - $575 (Santa Fe)

TasDom

I've contemplated a pair of IIIs since they came out, but I just can't get over the price, even used

Even though the box is still made in Hope, it's filled with chinese drivers : - (

Maybe I'm cutting off my nose to spite my face but to me it just isn't the same

If I'm going to go with the modern sourced drivers why not just go with a new model Klipsch that's going to offer up much better performance?  That or build something with Dayton drivers?

It's just not right, especially when those drivers could still be sourced stateside

To me, they're just a facsimile

For the money they ask for the III series one could buy an AWFULLY nice pair of the real thing 

Sorry

Craig

33 minutes ago, analogman said:

That or build something with Dayton drivers?

And you don't think they are manufactured elsewhere?  

This from the Dayton web site.....

While most of the engineering and development work is performed in the US, Dayton Audio goods are manufactured in North America, Europe, and Asia.

29 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

And you don't think they are manufactured elsewhere?  

This from the Dayton web site.....

While most of the engineering and development work is performed in the US, Dayton Audio goods are manufactured in North America, Europe, and Asia.

--- yeah you'll need to go way back if you expect each and every component to be of US manufacture.I know 'Bo owns some beautiful re-conditioned Mc gear, all done in Jersey. But I'd bet a dollar to a donut there are some resistors, caps, etc. that were made in China. What's he gonna do, reject them for that reason. My Pass gear is engineered and built in Cali and sounds damn nice and again willing to bet there are electrical devices inside made in China. If a zero Chinese tolerance is your criteria for ownership of any kind, good luck.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:
13 minutes ago, analogman said:

I don't want to get into a debate or an argument

I think my sentiments are pretty clear

If your sentiments were clear, I wouldn't have asked, but they are not.

Not trying to argue, just wondering what you feel are "the real thing"?  You said it, now back it up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, analogman said:

I've contemplated a pair of IIIs since they came out, but I just can't get over the price, even used

According to my data the Hersey sells for about $400 all day long ($392 average).  The H2 averages $410, which is low in my OPINION.  $450 to 500 is a more realistic average, but the numbers are the numbers.

And lastly the H3 (8 samples) averages $838. 

If you have any interest at all I would say pick them up for $525.  If you don't like them you should easily get your money back out of them and maybe make some money when you re-sell.

I also think it's a good deal for someone close by to Santa Fe but it would not be worth it for Craig because it is 1100 miles one way from Concord, about a 17 hour drive.  If he could save $1,000 it might be worth it but not for a couple hundred bucks. 

Shipping would be at least $100-150 I am guessing.

15 minutes ago, weziewoo said:

A deal like this doesn't pop up in NM often... I messaged the seller and I'm trying to set up a time to go get these puppies.

Best of luck to you! Not many locals here like you to take advantage of what appears to be a worthy pursuit.

Plus you can drop off my commission check instead of mailing it...   :P

Let us know how it works out

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, analogman said:

Uh, yeah, that being the point of the example

I hope you don't drive a Chevy or any GM car.

GM sells more cars in China than the U.S.

Maybe that is why there are so many GM factories there.

On 4/11/2018 at 12:45 PM, weziewoo said:

A deal like this doesn't pop up in NM often... I messaged the seller and I'm trying to set up a time to go get these puppies.

Although the ad is a month old, I wish you the best in your pursuit.

At least there was a phone number given which adds some credibility to the listing.

As others have stated, if they were within close(r) proximity (to them, or me) they'd've already found a new home.

Great deal, no question.

Good luck.