The Klipsch Audio Community
justinsweber

shrinking cornwall

Since you have now tried both the Faital horns and Elliptrac 400s.  What are your thoughts comparing the two? 

The eliptrac is the clear winner. I love the HF140 but hate that its 1.4". There are so many good 2" drivers.

The eliptrac provides access to them and sounds great... no ringing ect.

The Faital is a tour de force... esp when paired with the HF140.

Im winning about my lost .6" but you get the idea. If offered a Faital horn and driver combo... I wouldnt pass it up but to make it look right you need a CNC or be a better wood worker than I.

The Eliptrac is a rectangle and easy to cut.

From a sonic stand point I give the Eliptrac a solid 94 out of 100. If I didn't have to install it... 97/100.

The Faital is a 87/100... if not having to install. 93/100... Better than any other stock horn Ive heard... Big JBLs included. 

• Like 1

I’ll second that on the faital horns. mine have a screw on adapter to use my a55g’s & the soundstage is incredible

So, she is all buttoned up and voiced.

Ill need to swap out one cable inside on the HF but other than that, she is good to go.

A few take aways... man did I ever go over the top on fasteners... No crews... all bolts... not cheap but works. The back panel maybe have. tad too many.

This is the 1st time crossing so high @ 800hz. its a 2nd order AP12-800. The bass is unreal... pounds even more than more other efforts and in a smaller package too. Think sub is being used but no sub.

The HF is a tad hot. I have it set at -11db. Trying -10db was way too hot and -12bd seem vailed and the horn behind the LF. 

Now at -11db, its hot, but with the use of tone controls to pull the treble down Im set. 

In a lot of ways, Id say the voicing is more familiar to a JBL to the modified klipsch we've all known.

I know I could have crossed lower given what the driver could do but the horn seems to prefer an 800hz crossover point. I wish I could A/B then and hear. 

Getting everting buttoned up and wired in place, Im not sure Id mess with testing as everyone is pinned down so well. 

I put the blue speakers in the corners to replace my stock sized rosewood cornscalas. The wife is happy with the color, size and sound, so I have a winner. 

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, justinsweber said:

So, she is all buttoned up and voiced.

Man, those sound great!

And that's just from looking at the pictures.  B)

looks great. I like the extra braces across the back for the rear panel to attach to. no insulation inside? what about adding a resistor to the hf to tame it a bit?

Its a 2way. It would tamp down the mid too. I do plan to ask Al his thoughts. 
Im loving it, but needs a treble turned down :-).
Amazing brother, well done

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk