Anyone else have spec um mess with them?

JohnJ

Spectrum took over TWC here about a year ago. Had some problems with them but nothing that they never really addressed. Since spec  um (You know... Planet  arium) assumed control our on demand tv has only worked about 30% of the times we have tried to use it. It ticked me off tonight when I was making dinner and couldn't put stupid true blood on in the background:unsure2:

My internet that used to actually be 300mbs or better at times takes a long time to open a folder in Chromium I have with about ten bookmarks. It used to open all of them at once! Yea, my router has updated a couple of times, but it's a good one that can handle throughput of 1GBs. Radeon drivers or java or libre office used to download at 800+mbs consistently now it's like in the double digit to 200 mbs. 

Then the bill increased $40.00/mo!

Google Fiber is literally two streets away from us now I mean less than 250 feet away. It's not up and running there yet but it's planted. They've had traffic messed up on this side of town for almost two years. The skittles colored funny bunny trucks are everywhere.

On their list, just got to rid this house of this bullya.

Joined the underverse tonight, have to watch that Vin Diesel, Colm Feore movie again sometime, love cheesy sci-fi.

Wrote everything down and interrogated the guy from Utah I talked with, If your not familiar with att's "clerical errors" in their bills you must be living right and I'm not. We banished them from this address after decades of telephone and then cell phone service with many times seeing a "clerical error" in our bill that is to their financial advantage. They always fixed them, it's just bothersome to me to realize it could not possibly be accidental. Just happened too often, but being the son of an accountant and a bookkeeper I read the fine print.

And if Google Fiber "E's" me it's a pro-rated $20 a month fine to cancel the u. I've read good and bad about them, and I was holding out, but twice this week a service I overpay for isn't available to me?? And they refuse to lower my bill??

Take off.... Eh?

• Haha 1

Have rectrum  here . And the bill

Increase $25.... For p/tv/i ....

My only choice now... Is to go dish...

Or just drop the cable and leave the 

Phone/internet...

Just bought  4k smart tv....

And I might get a fire stick....

Unless I find a way to do it with the tv..

• Like 2

They jacked me over when they switched from TW to Spectrum then again after 12 months.  They also have a sneaky way of sliding a couple dollars a month into your bill.  About 3 months ago I got sick of it and cut their tv service off and just kept their internet.  Now I'm antenna with smart tvs that can stream.  I also hot a Roku that I'll hook up after I get back from Hope.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

They jacked me over when they switched from TW to Spectrum then again after 12 months.  They also have a sneaky way of sliding a couple dollars a month into your bill.  About 3 months ago I got sick of it and cut their tv service off and just kept their internet.  Now I'm antenna with smart tvs that can stream.  I also hot a Roku that I'll hook up after I get back from Hope.

what are you using for a antenna ?

Thanks, my brother went with a Roku, but me and him are two completely different animals. There are some things here that neither of us want to do without. For now the bill will be $100 less for three months, then $80 less until 1 year then 20 less the second year. Plus a $300 visa for groceries and stuff after three months. Got Fox Sports South and Southeast so if the `Canes look sharp next year I'm covered, got movie channels for sleepless nights with kidney stones and that unnatural oxy___ or hydro___ anxiousness.

Plus with the 1Gbs internet maybe the pc won't be frustrating sometimes and I'll start getting all of the "E's" coming my way again!

Att was the only other option here right now, had to bail.

Then there is the satisfaction of returning all the old providers equipment this Friday!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Thanks, my brother went with a Roku, but me and him are two completely different animals. There are some things here that neither of us want to do without. For now the bill will be $100 less for three months, then $80 less until 1 year then 20 less the second year. Plus a $300 visa for groceries and stuff after three months. Got Fox Sports South and Southeast so if the `Canes look sharp next year I'm covered, got movie channels for sleepless nights with kidney stones and that unnatural oxy___ or hydro___ anxiousness.

Plus with the 1Gbs internet maybe the pc won't be frustrating sometimes and I'll start getting all of the "E's" coming my way again!

Att was the only other option here right now, had to bail.

Then there is the satisfaction of returning all the old providers equipment this Friday!!

The antenna gives me ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, the CW and METV.  All in 1080P.  Dropping cable paid for all my OTA gear in 2 months.  We have a bluray player and free netflicks.  I pay for Tidal which my daughter uses and she pays for netflicks which I use.  I've found out that we can actually live without 100+ channels of media as I don't have enough time to watch them all anyways.  I also had the satisfaction of telling them to basically shove it when I cancelled service as they've been bending me over every chance they got for YEARS.  There have been countless times of them either raising rates, cutting service or finding creative ways to charge you for something that you used to get included in the past.  I had enough.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The antenna gives me ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, the CW and METV.  All in 1080P.  Dropping cable paid for all my OTA gear in 2 months.  We have a bluray player and free netflicks.  I pay for Tidal which my daughter uses and she pays for netflicks which I use.  I've found out that we can actually live without 100+ channels of media as I don't have enough time to watch them all anyways.  I also had the satisfaction of telling them to basically shove it when I cancelled service as they've been bending me over every chance they got for YEARS.  There have been countless times of them either raising rates, cutting service or finding creative ways to charge you for something that you used to get included in the past.  I had enough.

what range do you get with your antenna ?

I'm getting ready to cut the cord !

5 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

what range do you get with your antenna ?

I'm getting ready to cut the cord !

I get 2 different ABC channels and one is in Louisiana.  The border is 30 miles away and it's farther than that.  It is relatively flat around here though.

I have been OTA TV for years now, we live in the boondocks and get ABC, CBS, CW, & Fox as well as the local PBS all in HD, as for internet thats a PITA here only land service is windstream and they only guarantee 1mbps (can you remember dial up) they SUCK, I ended up with the new hughes net which I regret on a daily basis, my cell phones tether is faster 80% of the time.

Guess thats what I get for living in the sticks.

Hmmmm, here's a post from my brother-in law...  He's ON the cable tv garbage.  Spectrum bought TWC here in Ohio and the per TV charge/adapter goes into effect tomorrow.  Have at it!  :)  

The ongoing Spectrum TV saga...1f621.png?_nc_eui2=AeFyinENEZrBsHDf7y2iN😡
Recently, to lower our Spectrum bill we dropped our landline phone and went from 200+ channels to 125. Now we are being told that the TVs we have in the house that are not connected to a cable box will need a cable box to work after Spectrum goes all digital this month. The cost is $6.95/mo. per cable box. We have 3 TVs that run off a direct cable connection.

I couldn't understand how my digital TVs work now on the current digital Spectrum channels but won't in a couple of weeks. I called them and talked to a foreigner whom I could hardly understand. He didn't answer my questions to my satisfaction. 
So....today I go to BestBuy and ask them if anything can be done. The guy there said to do this IF you have internet and a Spectrum cable box or DVR in your home:

Buy a basic Roku streaming device at $29.99 for each TV you have that is not on a cable box now. Download the Spectrum app to each device and you can watch all the Spectrum channels you are paying for on your TV that has the cable box or DVR. In our case that's 125 channels. The Spectrum programming comes over the Internet just like Netflix, YouTube and other streaming programming does. The Roku turns every TV into a smart TV. At $30 for the one time purchase the Roku device will pay for itself in 4 1/2 months. There are different devices available but he said the entire Roku device lineup has the latest technology.

I'm going to wait until after the Spectrum all digital system takes effect. If my non cable box TVs don't work then to BestBuy I will go. I'll probably try one Roku at first just to see if I like it.

• Haha 1

They all suck. And yes the price goes up every year. I call them up whenever i fell i need to be abused and ask "why did the price go up your service still sucks". They will never get it until we all cancel our service.

End rant

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have OTA and a landline phone with Internet at 10 megs. Spectrum sends me an offer in the mail every third week. I believe that you all are paying for those mailers.

I don't think they understand "No".

JJK

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, babadono said:

They will never get it until we all cancel our service.

Exactly.  We had a free HD box with Time Warner and it worked well for quite some time.  It finally went out and they sent a tech out to check it.  No Charge as the equipment came with the plan.  There was no charge for the tech visit as well.  Next months bill came in and I was charged 10 dollars for the box rental which was free in the past.  I called them up, they apologized and credited my account.  They assured me it was handled.  Next month, credit appeared and new charge of $10. hit.  Called them back again and got the same apology,  credit and assurances.  You guessed it, 3'rd month, same 10 dollar charge.  I was pissed as each time I call it's a 20 or 30 minute ordeal.  This time they say it's due to the "upgraded" cable box.  I told them I didn't want an upgraded box rather wanted my old box to work as it went out and the old box was free.  Nope, all they have is new boxes and the bill stands even though my receipt from the installer showed no additional charges would be incurred. 

When we switched from TW to Spectrum, we were supposed to keep the same channels and the same price.  Next day we lost a ton of channels.  They said that their tiers were different than TW and there would be additional charges to receive the channels I used to have.  After going up about 3 levels of customer service they gave them back..................................for 12 months.  After my bill jumped up after 12 months I told them to shove it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

I have OTA and a landline phone with Internet at 10 megs. Spectrum sends me an offer in the mail every third week. I believe that you all are paying for those mailers.

I don't think they understand "No".

JJK

And every time someone tells Spectrum to kiss off and they lose a customer, everyone else's bill creeps up to compensate for lost revenue.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

And every time someone tells Spectrum to kiss off and they lose a customer, everyone else's bill creeps up to compensate for lost revenue.

Exactly, that's why EVERYBODY has to tell them to shove it.

• Like 1

I also have these people as a provider.  I really dislike them, and I'm paying them a few dollars shy of $200 per month.  We have bundled phone, cable, and internet.  My wife set it up and loves it all.  I don't watch TV and don't use the home phone.  The internet service is basically unreliable.  If it were up to me, I'd have s-canned them long ago, but see, it is about keeping the peace.

My wife gets what she wants, I get audio equipment.