Cornscala for sale

Dave A

OK I always wanted to hear one and now I have and they are for sale. It is the Syle A and I took the motor start caps off the crossovers and replaced them with poly's. The motor start caps are still here if you want to put them back in. CT 125 tweets, mid horns are the PD-5H Atlas and Bobs CW 1526 woofers. I also have some Cornwall grilles that could be modified to fit if you wish. Pick up only 67 miles south of Nashville Tn. Cornscalas are $725.00 and the grilles are $100.00

No I did not put the stuff on the mid range horn but ain't it purty?

1.JPG

6.JPG

dsc02.JPG

• Like 3

I got a good enough buy on them to decide to hear them. It is not the same as going to someone else's place to hear to hear them and expecting to get the same results here since my environment is all hard surfaces in a working shop. I prefer to listen here even though it means I buy things for better or worse to have that privilege. They sounded much more musical in a  room with some sound dampening things all around. Somehow very little sounds exciting anymore since the arrival of the MCM 1900 stacks and I wonder why that is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Dang... I'd buy those if you were closer to keep me from having to build a pair. Ugh... 

Well come over here for the Country Music and leave with a bonus ;D Perfect vacation. I never mind talking people into speakers because I like to treat them just like I treat myself.

• Like 1

By the way these are unfinished and there are pencil marks on at least one of them. The history behind these as I was told is a guy who used to work for Crites got these right after they were made for some sort of show Bob was going to and from the ex Crites guy to the seller I bought them from in Nashville. None of us have wielded a trusty eraser for the pencil marks.

• Like 1

Well I am open for trades but we are pretty far apart mile wise.

Well nothing like a good road trip. Lol. My brother has a winter house in Bristol Tn and my son lives up in Birmingham Alabama I’ll be up in Birmingham in November for his wedding

1 minute ago, carlthess40 said:

Well nothing like a good road trip. Lol. My brother has a winter house in Bristol Tn and my son lives up in Birmingham Alabama I’ll be up in Birmingham in November for his wedding

Hmmmm, somehow I don't think these will be here but by then I will have some Super MWM's in my shop for you to hear if you can make it up here.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

That's always the case.  GLWYS!

That's the funny thing about these KP456's and MCM 1900's they do not seem to be much affected like other speakers do here. Almost like they are more directional and focused somehow resisting the bad acoustic environment around them.

8 minutes ago, Dave A said:

That's the funny thing about these KP456's and MCM 1900's they do not seem to be much affected like other speakers do here. Almost like they are more directional and focused somehow resisting the bad acoustic environment around them.

Makes sense.  The more focused, the less room reflections.