MOUNT KING K-HORNS

Dale W

I HAVE OWNED KILIPSCH SPEAKERS FOR THE PAST 20 YEARS.HERE IS A PICTURE OF MY LATEST CREATION.THEY STARTED OUT LIFE AS BIRCH CABINETS AND HAVE HAD EXTENSIVE MODIFICATIONS. THE BOTTOM BIN RESEMBLES THE BELLE AND THE EXTRA HEADSET CAME FROM A DAMAGED IN FREIGHT PAIR OF BIRCH K-HORNS.TEST YOUR KNOW HOW AND SEE HOW MANY CHANGES YOU CAN FIND. THERE ARE LOTS.OH BY THE WAY I DRIVE THESE K-HORNS WITH 380 WATTS PER SIDE FROM A ROTAL RB1090 WITH MONSTER CABLE Sigma. SOUNDS WICKED.MY REARS ARE LASCALAS(birch and stained to match the k-horns)CENTER IS A CF-7 AND SUBS ARE SW300 AND SW15.

post-10527-13819245519306_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do you have those King Horns wired??? External crossovers and bi or tri amped? Do you have k-77's running in both top units.

With them that high, do you angle the top downward to your ears somewhat? Looks like it playes over your head. Unless you are a NBA Basketball star?

It looks loud.... Never saw anything like that..

Thanks for posting. Interesting.

JM

YES THEY ARE ROTEL AMPS. RB1090 FRONTS, RB993 CENTER AND REARS.ABOVE THEM IS A PAIR OF SERIES 3 PHASE COUPLED ACTIVATORS,THEN A ROTEL 985 PROCCESOR THEN 2 MONSTER CABLE 3500 LINE CONDITIONERS.TOPPED OFF WITH A ROTEL CD TRANSPORT SITTING ON BLACK DIAMOND RACING CONES.TOSHIBA 5109 DVD AND TOSHIBA 6 HEAD VCR.ALL INTERCONECTS ARE NBS DRAGON FLYS AND SPEAKER CABLE IS MONSTER CABLE SIGMA FRONT AND M1.5 REAR-CENTER AND SUBS.VERY FREAKY LOUD 130 PLUS DB AND CRYSTAL CLEAR.I CAN BOUNCE THE CEILING TILE OUT OF THE GRIT.SO TO SOLVE THAT PROBLEM I'M BUILDING A 20 BY 30 SOUND ROOM.THANX FOR YOUR REPLY. YOURS TRULY DALE.

Tony : nice to hear from a local.I live just outside of fort saskatchewan I manage the bodyshop in the fort at the chev/olds dealership.my 20 years in the trade as a painter has given me the skill to turn my attention from metal to wood. thus my passion for restoring older speakers.one of my best friends is a cabinet maker and he helped me with a little guidance on my k-horns.the picture does them very little justice.were are you? and do you have any klipsch products?

380wpc sounds a little excesive but i have the volume preset at 50% so at full volume i'm olny getting half power from the main amp. (for the k-horns) The rear lascalas and CF-7 center cannel are running flat out off a 3 channel

200wpc rotel rb-993. It's a real balancing act to get everything insink.I used a db level meter while doing the set up procedure on the processor.I think i've got it balanced out fairly decent now.One decent feature of the rotel 985 is i can run the two subs in theater mode or two channel while listening to cd's.Add's a wack of bass i'm not to sure i need but sounds very nice.

I hope frightening is a good thing !! I have about 100 hrs

into these babies and i hope they look as good to others as they do to me. The problem i have now is my pot lights are to hot on top of the cabinet and is going to screw up the finish. Thus i'm constructing a sound proof theater room on the other side of my basement. should be pretty wild looking as i'm going to recess the TV and component rack into the wall and be able to access it from the room behind, wich will just be for storage.I have the space to go about 30 by 20.I'll post some pictures as i go.