No Politics, Eh?

Jeff Matthews

21 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

Why is there an A and B ??????????????? 

John Adams didn't want us to have political parties.  He thought we could handle matters issue by issue, with specific coalitions for specific purposes.

He also "thanked" the French for the word "ideology" ...

“The political and literary world are much indebted for the invention of the new word Ideology.   Our English words, Idiocy or Idiotism, express not the force or meaning of it.  It is presumed its proper definition is the science of Idiocy.  And a very profound, abstruse, and mysterious science it is.  You must descend deeper than the divers in the Dunciad to make any discoveries, and after all you will find no bottom. It is the bathos, the theory, the art, the skill of diving and sinking in government. …”

A contribution from Fritz Perls:

"I am not in this world to live up to your expectations,
And you are not in this world to live up to mine.
You are you, and I am I ..."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, T2K said:

I guess the question then is how did the crooks get there? Could that have been avoided? How?

Keith

=== “how did the crooks get there”? Well, they were elected by good folks like you and me. Probably thought we were voting for the lesser of two or three evils. And I quote “won’t get fooled again”. Oh yes, yes we will —

1 minute ago, richieb said:

=== “how did the crooks get there”? Well, they were elected by good folks like you and me. Probably thought we were voting for the lesser of two or three evils. And I quote “won’t get fooled again”. Oh yes, yes we will —

The grand irony is if you cop-out of the game and stop voting, you risk people viewing you as unintelligent or crazy.  So, if you want to look smart and logical, go and vote!  

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

The grand irony is if you cop-out of the game and stop voting, you risk people viewing you as unintelligent or crazy.  So, if you want to look smart and logical, go and vote!  

=== I’m already viewed as unintelligent and crazy. And I’m too old give a shyte. I’ve got nothing to lose —

8 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

BS...................................

Our voting is rigged....

I should not have to give you a card saying I'm A, B or C or my ethnicity or my religious belief....

Implied is the rule for the above.....

1 minute ago, MyOwn said:

I should not have to give you a card saying I'm A, B or C or my ethnicity or my religious belief....

If you are referring to closed primary rules, not all states have them.  There are, however, sound reasons for those rules, just as there also sound reasons to oppose them.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

If you are referring to closed primary rules, not all states have them.  There are, however, sound reasons for those rules, just as there also sound reasons to oppose them.

Sound reasons Jeff????

For me...It all boils down to UGLY....

Skin color and belief is driving the Ugly in our world...

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Red, blue and all in between the bastardds get nothing accomplished, other than campaigning their next election.

Maybe so but @T2K is correct. Vote and try and articulate those that have your interests and get them elected!

Start digging up the bones buried with any administration and the odor you say doesn’t exist requires gas masks for all. And for citizens talking about important issues? Not wasting my air knowing absolutely Nothing would be accomplished.

You may feel that way but I don't. The other side of the coin is learn nothing about the issues, say nothing and let the politicians do what they do---Bullshit!

Their is not one true leader amongst

There are several leaders and we debated about them in the BS Forum.

them. Sounds like someone from the BS Forum should have steppped up to the political plate to offer some of those “fruitful” discussions in Congress. Yeah, that’s the ticket

Maybe some of us have. 

1 hour ago, T2K said:

guess the question then is how did the crooks get there? Could that have been avoided? How? 

Keith

Americans vote them into office. Majority votes in the states and electoral college in the presidential vote. Of course you know that but we both know the answer to your second question is informed discussion and debate instead of talking heads and fake news ruling the day.....

1 hour ago, MyOwn said:

Ugly is on both A and B....

Why is there an A and B ???????????????

Don't know how you folks think and I will not try to flip you in me belief...

My My, this current crap is just that....CRAP....

There isn't only an A or B. There are nuances in between and that can only be found by actually discussing the issues. Not everyone has the same interest, but those that do and try and engage conversation sometimes get hit with the "Politics is BS" crap--It's not.

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Nope it's criminal.

Without any good men to put a stop to it!

There are good men and women out there and things are gong on in Government and in Politics as we are not discussing them here. :) 

1 hour ago, T2K said:

You ain't seen nothing yet.

None of us have and it makes you wonder if folks can't talk about what is going on then they are going to be in for a rude awakening---That's my take, Keith. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:
1 hour ago, T2K said:

I guess the question then is how did the crooks get there? Could that have been avoided? How?

Keith

Nope.  If you think otherwise, why?   

Honest answer? The shear amount of propaganda generated by folks against one side overwhelmed the media system, social and mass. That's my take. 

• Chad locked this topic