Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
finallygotmyheresies

Heresy III Raw $800

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, W27 said:

I’m very interested in ordering some stuff from you. I don’t have Facebook and really don’t want it. Can we get the same kind of deals through PM on the forum?

Google Metropolis Lake Outfitters. His cell is on there.  His prices are fixed and he works on lower margins, higher volume, so usually won't do better on pricing than what he quotes you 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, W27 said:

I’m very interested in ordering some stuff from you. I don’t have Facebook and really don’t want it. Can we get the same kind of deals through PM on the forum?

 

Just pm me, I can't say much for fear of being banned for soliciting.  ;)  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

 

Just pm me, I can't say much for fear of being banned for soliciting.  ;)  

 

Don't worry, boss.  Lots of us solicit for you on here and elsewhere.  🗣️

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Oztayls said:

Just having a Heresy fest in the lounge room at the mo. 

IMG_4018.JPG

How do you like the stacked heresys? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oztayls said:

Just having a Heresy fest in the lounge room at the mo. 

IMG_4018.JPG

just great... so now i need to ask a serious question. 4 of these "raw" heresy3 stacked like oztayls has or a pair of cornwall3s?... what is the difference in sound besides the cw3s having more "bass"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, habinger808 said:

just great... so now i need to ask a serious question. 4 of these "raw" heresy3 stacked like oztayls has or a pair of cornwall3s?... what is the difference in sound besides the cw3s having more "bass"?

While the H3 stack sounds very theatre-like and satisfying with plenty of bass punch, my choice would still be a pair of Cornwalls, although I have never heard a pair of Corns. Just going by what I've read about them. I was just experimenting here and having fun.

 

One pair of the raw Heresy IIIs are not mine, but for a friend as the basis of his "new" system. Interestingly, two of the 4 HIIIs have sequential numbers. The other pair are about 2000 units apart from the first matched pair, and the last digits are 16 and 19, but the book matching of the grain is near identical and more figured. I guess being so close together on the production line, the veneers are still VERY similar.

 

What is astounding to me is how similar the H1.5 and HIII are in sound. The top end is nicer in the 1.5s, but the IIIs have slightly more bass. The IIIs are fractionally louder due to the slightly higher efficiency. However, the differences between them are very small indeed, and I would not pay the $5000 price difference between what I paid for the 1.5s and what a new pair of IIIs cost here in Oz. The 1.5s (no acoustic foam) have been recapped with Dayton Audio PMPC 1% tolerance polypro caps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 1:13 PM, Oztayls said:

What is astounding to me is how similar the H1.5 and HIII are in sound. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 1:13 PM, Oztayls said:

The top end is nicer in the 1.5s, but the IIIs have slightly more bass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Oztayls said:

What is astounding to me is how similar the H1.5 and HIII are in sound. 

Ummmm, no? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2019 at 8:17 AM, Westcoastdrums said:

Sorry I just spit my food out, what? 

You need to learn some table manners. In the meantime you could try wearing a bib.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2019 at 8:18 AM, Westcoastdrums said:

This was without cotton in the ears correct? 

I look after my ears and never stuff anything into them except good music. Every forum has one. Are you THAT one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 2:13 PM, Oztayls said:

While the H3 stack sounds very theatre-like and satisfying with plenty of bass punch, my choice would still be a pair of Cornwalls, although I have never heard a pair of Corns. Just going by what I've read about them. I was just experimenting here and having fun.

 

One pair of the raw Heresy IIIs are not mine, but for a friend as the basis of his "new" system. Interestingly, two of the 4 HIIIs have sequential numbers. The other pair are about 2000 units apart from the first matched pair, and the last digits are 16 and 19, but the book matching of the grain is near identical and more figured. I guess being so close together on the production line, the veneers are still VERY similar.

 

What is astounding to me is how similar the H1.5 and HIII are in sound. The top end is nicer in the 1.5s, but the IIIs have slightly more bass. The IIIs are fractionally louder due to the slightly higher efficiency. However, the differences between them are very small indeed, and I would not pay the $5000 price difference between what I paid for the 1.5s and what a new pair of IIIs cost here in Oz. The 1.5s (no acoustic foam) have been recapped with Dayton Audio PMPC 1% tolerance polypro caps. 

cant really tell from your pic but is that a yamaha a-s2100? if so how do you like it hooked up to the h3s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote: "cant really tell from your pic but is that a yamaha a-s2100? if so how do you like it hooked up to the h3s?"

 

It's the Yamaha A-S1100, a really, really nice amp and it goes well with the rest of the 70's system. Well done to Yamaha for making it look so good! It has too much grunt for the HIIIs but it's very versatile and drives them beautifully. I almost always have it working in A class mode though. Like they say, the quality of the first watt is very important and the Yammie just drips quality across its entire power band. Most of the time, the HIIIs are drawing less than 1watt. It also has an awesome phono stage, which is one of the reasons we bought it.

 

As yet, I haven't tried bi-wiring the HIII's to see if that makes any difference. Has anyone here done that?

 

The A-S1100 specs and details are here if you're interested:

https://au.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/4/421364/A-S1100_om_AB.pdf

Edited by Oztayls
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 10:27 AM, Oztayls said:

As yet, I haven't tried bi-wiring the HIII's to see if that makes any difference. Has anyone here done that?

 

For the past few days, I've been listening to the Heresy's in bi-wire mode. I am hard pressed to notice a difference. There probably is a difference, but it's not as if I can easily tell because swapping between bi-wire and normal mode is not like flicking a switch. Some time elapses between the two modes as the swap is made. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 7:14 PM, Oztayls said:

 

IMG_4018.JPG

Haha ... had me there :D  Was wondering what those dual woofer , dual horn speakers were ...they looked very interesting. :D  OK; stacked Heresy's ... still awesome :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 7:14 PM, Oztayls said:

Just having a Heresy fest in the lounge room at the mo. 

IMG_4018.JPG

 

Like the room and the shutters.  What brand are they?  Much better than seeing fantastic and expensive gear in a room with aluminum (aluminium, if you like) mini-blinds, or worse, PVC vertical blinds.  The latter are perfect if you want to recreate the experience of waiting to renew your driver’s license.

 

You folks down under (Is that one word, and are capitals called for?) know how to do it properly.  Next time I’m in Oz, I’ll pop over.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DizRotus said:

 

Like the room and the shutters.  What brand are they?  Much better than seeing fantastic and expensive gear in a room with aluminum (aluminium, if you like) mini-blinds, or worse, PVC vertical blinds.  The latter are perfect if you want to recreate the experience of waiting to renew your driver’s license.

 

You folks down under (Is that one word, and are capitals called for?) know how to do it properly.  Next time I’m in Oz, I’ll pop over.

Haha, the wooden shutters work really well and insulate quite nicely too, although the insulation isn't up to northern hemisphere requirements! "Down Under" need not be capitalised, but Australia does :). Let me know when you come over, we are about 2 hrs drive north of SeedKnee.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oz, 

That is a very nice room. I like your style sir. 22 posts and you have this place just about figured out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...