Chinese Playing ***-for-Tat

Jeff Matthews

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:46 PM, wvu80 said:

I consider myself a fiscal conservative and socially liberal which means like most of us, you can't just label a person and expect that to be the dominant position on any given subject

Ha! I described myself this way as well, but when it came to my conservative side I always used balanced budgets as a goal and agreeing that the National Debt matters.....Just over the last year it seems not even Conservatives care about those items anymore. 😕 

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:03 AM, oldtimer said:

Has anyone pondered the irony that saying bullshit "negates meaningful discussion" on a forum that owes its existence to the work of a man who pioneered the "bullshit" lapel button?

I never met Paul Klipsch but have read his biography and traveled to Hope and Indy to learn about him....That said, I always imagined him having an informed argument after calling out Bullshit, but there are those that seem to use the expression in place of not offering a rebuttal. In that vein it's like telling someone "Yo Mama," in response to 'I think this person is doing a bad job in office." 

38 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Ha! I described myself this way as well, but when it came to my conservative side I always used balanced budgets as a goal and agreeing that the National Debt matters.....Just over the last year it seems not even Conservatives care about those items anymore. 😕 

Technically NEITHER side cares about the deficit.  Both sides overspend, it's just a matter of degree.  :dry:

I had hoped a non-politician would tackle the problem but that doesn't seem to be the case either.

1 hour ago, MC39693 said:

Back to the OP, as a Canadian I'm not sure what countries I can travel to anymore.  I guess I'll keep my low value currency at home, although I consider Napa Valley part of Canada.

You can have the whole state.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Gilbert said:
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:34 PM, Zen Traveler said:

it's like telling someone "Yo Mama," in response to 'I think this person is doing a bad job in office." 

No, that would be  "Yo Hillary".

😳 The election was over two years ago and I got bad news for ya....

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:14 PM, wvu80 said:
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:34 PM, Zen Traveler said:

Technically NEITHER side cares about the deficit.  Both sides overspend, it's just a matter of degree.  :dry:

I had hoped a non-politician would tackle the problem but that doesn't seem to be the case either.

Fwiw, I warned you. If budgetary concerns are a nucleus of your rationale then I suggest you look at who worked across the isle to try and achieve a balanced budget and who was/is in control when the deficit and budget weren't part of the negotiations.  

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'll take silence as his answer.

No, of course not.  It's gonna be a great movie, a spoof really.  It's part of the "Nightmare on Elm St" string of films, but it's a different street, actually, an Avenue.  I think you can figure it out, you're a smart guy.

3 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

That was my point--Your side won and I still think your obsession with her is strange.

Team "Trump" isn't exactly what I would consider my side, but I am still enjoying the fact that he beat the odds. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are/were obsessed with Hillary; always referring to her as qualified and denouncing the thought that there was even a hint of corruption with her, the DNC, FBI and IRS. 

My "Obsession" is simple, I am in love more than ever with the our voting system and the electorate..... to know that a non-politico can beat a career swamprat (who had everything played to her liking) was a blessing of the highest order, and I will continue to celebrate her loss for many years to come, possibly decades to come.... if I live that long.