Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Kidd

Primaluna or Line Magnetic ?

Recommended Posts

On December 6, 2019 at 5:48 AM, Godataloss said:

 

Hope he never plugged that thing into this outlet in his video-

 

outlet.jpg

He is reviewing  electrical equipment while his home electrical wiring looks unsafe 'lovely !! " put the fire department on standby!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being fortunate to be a VRD owner for many years the only brand that would get me crazy if I had cash to burn would be Luxman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 5:48 AM, Godataloss said:

Hope he never plugged that thing into this outlet in his video-

 

He plugged something into it. Note the line side is burnt, and the cover is on the floor below the receptacle.

He should have had common sense to park something in front of that before the youtube hi-fi show-and-tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to unearth an old thread, but how can one price Line Magnetic amps. Their online presence distribution in the US is...limited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're inclined to trust Kevin Deal's YouTube videos he is a Primaluna advocate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, xoundmind said:

Sorry to unearth an old thread, but how can one price Line Magnetic amps. Their online presence distribution in the US is...limited. 


He actually works for them...no slag against the amps, of course. I might eventually own one, in fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own a PL Evo 400 Integrated and I am totally blown away by how good it sounds in my system. Worth every penny I paid for it and then some. I have found my forever Amp.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I know this is a pretty old thread but I’ll see if anyone is still around.

I'm comparing Line Magnetic v Primaluna, the one thing that PL seems to have is much more flexibility with tube selection. LM seems locked into 1 style of tube per amp. Is this correct?  Also, is counterfeit LM an issue, is China HiFi a viable resource? Both sound great 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have both, and use them with la scalla's ii and k-horns, CWiii,  and forte iii's speakers. I love both, , i do have the dialog HP P/L, and in the L/M 508, and the  518  IA, (both 845 tubes).

 

I do listen to all, and. I prefer the 508: just magical sound, breathtaking. 

 

The P/L is powerful, clean, strong, and sweet sound.  

 

The L/M, which I prefer is just musical, exciting and so pure.  

 

I 'll go with L/M, , you will be very satisfied. perfect combination with Klipsch heritage speakers.

 

China HIFI is a trusted dealer. I bought from them many times before. You can roll the pre tubes on the L/M and yes one style , but different manufacturers for the 805/845 tubes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, pallpoul said:

I have both, and use them with la scalla's ii and k-horns, CWiii,  and forte iii's speakers. I love both, , i do have the dialog HP P/L, and in the L/M 508, and the  518  IA, (both 845 tubes).

 

I do listen to all, and. I prefer the 508: just magical sound, breathtaking. 

 

The P/L is powerful, clean, strong, and sweet sound.  

 

The L/M, which I prefer is just musical, exciting and so pure.  

 

I 'll go with L/M, , you will be very satisfied. perfect combination with Klipsch heritage speakers.

 

China HIFI is a trusted dealer. I bought from them many times before. You can roll the pre tubes on the L/M and yes one style , but different manufacturers for the 805/845 tubes. 

Glad to hear, I’m a little nervous about China Hi Fi, I have nothing against China, just thought I read about counterfeit LM, and it does seem like the amount of similar looking products from China that just look rebranded is confusing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VDS said:

Glad to hear, I’m a little nervous about China Hi Fi, I have nothing against China, just thought I read about counterfeit LM, and it does seem like the amount of similar looking products from China that just look rebranded is confusing. 

You can also try Musishare amps. I am using an X-7 with my Klipsch RF-7 III's, amazing sound and clarity, and has tons of power for these speakers, never runs out of steam driving my pair. It is affiliated with L/M, and the build quality is really exceptional, the included tube are also really good, i only swapped the rectifier and the pre tubes. Really nice quality all around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pallpoul said:

You can also try Musishare amps. I am using an X-7 with my Klipsch RF-7 III's, amazing sound and clarity, and has tons of power for these speakers, never runs out of steam driving my pair. It is affiliated with L/M, and the build quality is really exceptional, the included tube are also really good, i only swapped the rectifier and the pre tubes. Really nice quality all around. 

I saw that u tube review of Musishare, it sounds similar in architecture to many others, it has many of same features. Did you buy through amazon? How long have you had it, any problems? How’s the bass? Very Interested , so many similar amps, like everybody I’m trying to buy without a demo, which is a little nerve raking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 6:47 PM, pallpoul said:

LM  518 IA.+++

I have both amps, and love the LM 518 with my LSII. Much more musical and magical sound then my PL HP. Dialogue.

I’m debating these 2, can you describe both a little? I have no way to audio the LM 216, but they seem to be loved by everybody that owns them. I need something to smooth my Cornwalls, they have a little high- mid harshness with my PS Audio, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...