Dean G. Crossovers

Matrixx9

Newbie here… I was reading on someone's post that was selling some speakers that they had Dean G . Crossovers. May I ask what are these, if they are still available, and if so do I need them on my home theater speakers which I'm including a partial picture? Thanks ahead of time

Screenshot_20191119-142159_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2

As speakers age the crossover networks deteriorate, which affects the quality of what you truly hear.  It looks as though your system is fairly new so you prolly wouldn't need to upgrade.  Many of us in here have older speakers that NEED an upgraded crossover network so we go with Dean or other "builders."  I sought him out to upgrade the networks in my '81 La Scala's.  They sound fantastic!  I'm sure you're happy with your system so relax on it and enjoy!  Welcome to the Forum!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That is some killer gear! Appears to be RF-83’s, RC-64, RS-52’s and the coveted RSW-15 subwoofer. All of those speakers will suite you well for many years if you are into home theater! 

I had cherry 63’s and 64 a few years back, awesome looking and sounding speakers.

Like mentioned above, I’d be investing in a beefy receiver or processor/amplifier combo before I would even consider redoing the internals of those speakers. Or add another RSW-15 to even out the bass response. 

• Thanks 1

I don't see a place To reply individually so I  I guess I just do a group reply. Thank you for all of your intelligent and helpful answers and statements. The picture I showed you is a new acquisition of strictly speakers. It was taken in the lady's house who was selling them. I feel terrible because herner husband divorced and she was left with the speakers and had no clue what she was sitting on when she sold them. I was already using a set I bought in 2005 consisting of RF80 two's 12" digital sub and RS6 twos. I purchased this set minus that old receiver for killer  Deal. I own a Yamaha  1070 and I'm fixing to add to it and emotive  XPA  7 Gen. 3. I'm currently looking for a second ours W15 and cherry preferably or Maple And then will be looking for a Yamaha 3080. The speakers were babied by an equally old  60 year old aficionado.  Anyway thank you for the very welcome feeling this seems to be a very tight knit group of great people. I hope to be able to contribute equally once you guys teach me more lol.

Sank you all have a great Thanksgiving

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Matrixx9 said:

I don't see a place To reply individually so I  I guess I just do a group reply. Thank you for all of your intelligent and helpful answers and statements. The picture I showed you is a new acquisition of strictly speakers. It was taken in the lady's house who was selling them. I feel terrible because herner husband divorced and she was left with the speakers and had no clue what she was sitting on when she sold them. I was already using a set I bought in 2005 consisting of RF80 two's 12" digital sub and RS6 twos. I purchased this set minus that old receiver for killer  Deal. I own a Yamaha  1070 and I'm fixing to add to it and emotive  XPA  7 Gen. 3. I'm currently looking for a second ours W15 and cherry preferably or Maple And then will be looking for a Yamaha 3080. The speakers were babied by an equally old  60 year old aficionado.  Anyway thank you for the very welcome feeling this seems to be a very tight knit group of great people. I hope to be able to contribute equally once you guys teach me more lol.

You can private message any one here...just klick on a member avatar... thank you

14 hours ago, billybob said:

You can private message any one here...just klick on a member avatar... thank you

I think he was talking about quoting/replying to each message separately.,

@Matrixx9  To reply to each message, click on the Quote spot for single reply and the + sign for multiple message replies wrapped into one.

quote pic.png

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 4:59 PM, Matrixx9 said:

Go back and buy that 'old receiver'!!  If you get it for $400 it will be a steal. 

I was just kidding in my post above, that is a stellar piece of gear.  It is a Denon AVR 5800 or a 5803 and cost $4,000 back in 2000.  170 wpc x 7 and a high water mark for them.  It also has great built in DACs.  I thought that you owned it and already knew how great it is. 

I use one to drive 5 Palladiums.  You can use an optical out from your TV for surround.  Awesome piece of equipment and a huge bargain because everyone wants HDMI and the new 'throw away' receivers that 'need' to be replaced every two years for the new bells and whistles. 

You can also use it as the center of a 2 channel system.  I use a Denon 3805 to drive a pair of B&W Signature 805's in a second (maybe 3rd or 4th) system and just love it. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 7:42 PM, K5SS said:

That is some killer gear! Appears to be RF-83’s, RC-64, RS-52’s and the coveted RSW-15 subwoofer.

Agree, fantastic system!  It has great sound even by today's standards.  I bet those are RS-62's, a minor guess on my part.

I think the reason Mr. @Matrixx9 was asking about a crossover (XO) upgrade is due to the fact that many of the older Klipsch Heritage speakers needed upgraded, which is true.  Those are the Khorns, La Scala, Heresy etc from the 1970's-80's.  The RF-83 package he has does not need any XO upgrade, the crossovers have completely different components which do not degrade the same way.

Plug and play, that is a great system. 

591494550_RP-600Mbi-amprightsideview_800.thumb.jpg.b8712124600503367435c1ae83b68773.jpg