My Center Has Died

GA.Born

My KSC-C1 98210963  has died "Was a good one" It's sound quality had been declining for awhile.   Since  I am much older, my hearing has also.  It's difficult " understanding" voices while watching movies .  I had been telling myself I would like to find a more crisp, sharp sounding center.  Went to best buy last week and bought the only center in stock a Polk T-30. Needless to say not happy with it .   I am using a Yamaha RX-V379  AV receiver that we purchased with H D upgrades a couple years ago.   Help me please

6 minutes ago, GA.Born said:

Thanks,   but I  am not buying a old used speaker.  Probably need a new surround  speaker system ?  One that is matched?   What do you recommend if that is  so?

Welcome to the forum. It depends on your budget if any, room size, listening preferences...

Take a look at systems here at Klipsch.Com...Welcome to the forum...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GA.Born said:

Thanks,   but I  am not buying a old used speaker.  Probably need a new surround  speaker system ?  One that is matched?   What do you recommend if that is  so?

Lots to choose from and your budget will dictate what to select. Personally, I would not buy from Best Buy. They do carry the reference collection but that is the lower tier of consumer gear.

Look into the Reference Premier at minimum and contact Cory for great service and pricing. You can PM (personal message) him here.  @MetropolisLakeOutfitters

• Like 2

I don't mind hijacking this forum for my center channel needs. I had a couple of r610 main and a rc-25 center. They did an OK job but I recently inherited a couple of la scala.  Now I clearly need a new cerner channel. I can't afford another la scala so I was looking at the rc-64, but also evaluating Bob Crites csc-1. Any recommendations on a new to me, likely trying to buy used, center? 

My KSC-C1 98210963  has died "Was a good one" It's sound quality had been declining for awhile.   Since  I am much older, my hearing has also.  It's difficult " understanding" voices while watching movies .  I had been telling myself I would like to find a more crisp, sharp sounding center.  Went to best buy last week and bought the only center in stock a Polk T-30. Needless to say not happy with it .   I am using a Yamaha RX-V379  AV receiver that we purchased with H D upgrades a couple years ago.   Help me please

I am not using my center. The phantom center from my left and right speakers is better than using a center. My center always sounded boxy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1