SWAG dates moved.

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

Nice, I believe those started with @rockhound in the beginning.  They are truly in their element when they have a huge room or outdoors.  I try to take my own advice and have actually gotten rid of some items but I'm sure I'm not done acquiring either.  Rock On and we will see you in September!

Cool so I'm the third owner. I don't think there will be a fourth!

Congrats on shedding some gear Pete. I gave my brother a pair of Chorus II's for a house warming gift this past November, his and his wife's first (house, not Klipsch). It was a good time. He listened to KLF-20s, RF-5s, and ended up choosing the Chorus II's.

Looking forward to SWAG!

9 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Love those 396's.  I had mine on last weekend.

The output was surprising with a full sound. I was expecting to not have the watts (not sure what they used last year) but 425 @8 ohms did well.

I don't have a sub like they had last Spring. Still the bass was surprising and sounded better compared to inside.

4 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Cool so I'm the third owner. I don't think there will be a fourth!

Congrats on shedding some gear Pete. I gave my brother a pair of Chorus II's for a house warming gift this past November, his and his wife's first (house, not Klipsch). It was a good time. He listened to KLF-20s, RF-5s, and ended up choosing the Chorus II's.

Looking forward to SWAG!

My 396's are staying.  My LSI splits are staying.  I can't see breaking up my RF-7 HT as that would be really cost prohibitive to upgrade and it's dialed in perfectly.  I like my bedroom Lascalas.  I guess my Cornscalas and H2's with H3 guts would be on the chopping block if I ever were made to get rid of anything but luckily that's not the case...................for now.

25 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

...would be really cost prohibitive to upgrade...

I hear you, diminishing returns are alive and well. You're in a good place with all that gear.

My source components could use an upgrade but I'm content for now. Our back room has meager KG 2.5s but that size room won't work with La Scalas. Once the nest is empty and our upright piano is gone then we could move some bigger Klipsch in there. Always fun to daydream about this stuff.

32 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Always fun to daydream about this stuff.

Keep an eye open for a 684.  You can get them cheap enough and all you need is another big QSC to make them sing.  It'll keep up with the 396's for the most part.  It's certainly not as clean as an 1802 but it's no where near the price.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I NEED one of those to go with the MCM1900. The house foundation will take it, but the drywall screws might start backing out. 

And all you need is a forklift to get it outside for party/neighborhood entertainment duty.:)

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Keep an eye open for a 684.  You can get them cheap enough and all you need is another big QSC to make them sing.  It'll keep up with the 396's for the most part.  It's certainly not as clean as an 1802 but it's no where near the price.

Thanks for the suggestion. I happen to have a second QSC PLX 2502 😁.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I booked the Super 8 through Hotels.com for that weekend. $50 per night with free cancellation (or $42 with no cancellation). I'll be arriving on Thursday.  Really looking forward to getting this pandemic behind us.

• Like 3

On 4/21/2020 at 4:32 PM, CECAA850 said:

All you need now is a 684.  They can be found for around 500 or so.  Here's a pro tip for hooking them up to your amp.  Don't ask @rockhound for wiring advice.

This statement is true but also beware of Carl when he wants to swap drivers for "cosmetic reasons" he may, just may give you a dud, we will see soon enough when I open the 684 up next time home. I'll bring it in Sept if you want to hear one Lyle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rockhound said:

This statement is true but also beware of Carl when he wants to swap drivers for "cosmetic reasons" he may, just may give you a dud, we will see soon enough when I open the 684 up next time home. I'll bring it in Sept if you want to hear one Lyle.

Don't blame me if you don't know how to wire up a sub.

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2020 at 8:42 PM, Rivernuggets said:

Bump!

Set these up today and thought of SWAG. This is the first time hearing them in an outside setting since the '19 Pilgrimage. I don't do outside listening much but now it may happen more often. VERY sweet! Fiio X5 digital music player to a QSC PLX 2502, flat with no EQ. Our back yard connects to city owned land, with a couple walking trails. I figured people would enjoy some music while taking their nth walk during this Stay At Home thing. Music was at a good volume but went easy on the genres. Nothing too 🤘

Pete gave me some great take-stock-in-what-you-have advice about six months ago. I picked these up shortly after from JWC using UShip. Sorry Pete.....I took to heart every word you wrote..and couldn't help myself! These are great speakers.

Stay positive everyone.

IMG_0631.jpg

Awesome Lyle those were mine that I bought new, they were never cranked when I had them in my small listening room. Did you remove the inner foam on the inside of the grill?