SWAG dates moved.

I make it a point to book directly with hotel property and go so far as to verify the area code I’m calling. Much more personal service when dealing with the front desk or that hotels reservation clerk. In my traveling days my secretary would also book direct to the hotel where they have direct knowledge of discounts, room layout etc. When a new CEO thought it best to use a travel agency it was a cluster. I knew what airline flight, what hotel(s) would put me in the location and time schedule I needed to follow. I started doing my own itineraries and scheduling. I was asked why I wasn’t traveling much as I never showed up on the agency’s billing. I explained my thinking and after some head shaking went on to book another trip. 

• Like 1

hotels.com came through with cancellation option. Took advantage this morning. Also called Avis/Budget told them i wouldn't be showing up for the car rental. They thanked me for letting them know, luckily they don't make you PAY up front. So that leaves American Airlines as my last hurdle.

33 minutes ago, babadono said:

hotels.com came through with cancellation option. Took advantage this morning. Also called Avis/Budget told them i wouldn't be showing up for the car rental. They thanked me for letting them know, luckily they don't make you up front. So that leaves American Airlines as my last hurdle.

One down, one to go.

• Like 1

Ok got through to American Air. They would not refund but would change the ticket to the new date free of change fees or penalty. So I 'm good to see all you jerkoffs in Sept.:)

Praying things are quite a way back towards normal by then.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, babadono said:

They would not refund but would change the ticket to the new date free of change fees or penalty. So I 'm good to see all you jerkoffs in Sept.

now you gotta go spend time with them or eat the money.  geez, sounds like you really got burnt on this deal. 

• Haha 1

@BigStewMan I know you're not joking about the asthma but don't think Sept in California where it is still freaking summer, even possibly the hottest part of summer. Think  Sept. in  Arkansas, I'm told it could actually be pleasant. We're talking last weekend in Sept. almost Oct. Warm in the day, pleasant. Cool in the evening, bonfire, glass of bourbon. Yea buddy!

18 days

Last night I made final preparations for swag, packed up the truck and it's fully loaded with speakers, amps, extension cords, mics and the laptop.  I almost forgot to get the massive amount of Chili out of the freezer and load it in the cooler but the bottles of bourbon are in along with a special glass from which to drink it from.  I really hope I left enough room for @richieb Heresy slants that I have to pick up from @Budman while heading through Cincinnati.  I have a couple of stops to make driving through Kentucky and @Woofers and Tweeters suggested a few liquor stores to check out where I might be able to score a few more bottles of hard to find bourbon.  

it's 5:00AM, 40oz of DD coffee in the travel mug, just kissed Denise goodbye and getting on the road.  If all goes well I should have the slants  picked up and a few more bottles of bourbon in the truck by noon, I've got to make it to @Paducah Home Theater and experience Cory's newly finished listening rooms, can't wait to hear the C4's and H4's.  I'm going to really be pushing it to try and make it to Memphis and meet up with @jimjimbo grab some dinner and a few drinks before calling it a day and getting some rest so I can get up early and try and make it to Hope by noon.  

Made it and it's time to get this gear out of the truck and set up in the Barn, wow, this is a really cool place, plenty of room and couldn't ask for nicer weather.  There's @Dave A with the van, I'm going to help him unload those monster MWM's, they're freaking huge, can't wait to hear them.  Looks like @Chris A is pulling in as well, more big freaking speakers, I'm going to holler at @babadono @USNRET @Seadog to get busy and help setup, I'm not doing all of this myself.  Finally, there's @CECAA850 in his new ride, damn, look at all that booze!  I hope he didn't change his mind about trading the LSI's so I better confirm before we get them hooked up.  Where the hell is @rockhound, he lives closer than anyone else and he needs to get unloaded so we can run back to his house and load up the 942 rig.  I need to find some straw bales before @Thaddeus Smith gets here and tell him that he's responsible for moving them, he's going to be pis$ed.  Hey Dave @Mallette, what are you doing over there?  Medicinal purposes my ***, I hope you brought enough to share.  That must be @Rudy81 getting his ESS stack out, I'm going to ask him to put them on top of Carl's (soon to be mine) LSI bins, I really want to hear that combination.  @Coytee isn't here yet, but I'm sure he had to stop quite a few times along the way for bathroom breaks.  So many new people to meet @ZEUS121996, @WPS, @Trippigs, @Davis.  What's going on Lyle @Rivernuggets, I finally opened up the RB61's and they were in perfect condition, exactly what I would expect from you.  I hope when @ssh gets here he brings some of the cigars from last year, I think they were called Rare Air, really smooth for sure.  Here comes @totalcomfort with the camper, I think he's staying onsite and will be the security officer at the barn for the weekend. @kirby those are some big freaking horns, can you get @CarlMay to give you a hand moving them in?  

Finally, music is playing, Carl's doing his thing shaking the hell out of vodka, Jerry's drinking a white claw, really, maybe I can find him a little pink umbrella to put in it.  LOL, I think it's time to get a fire going and get a nice pour of Weller 12 and just listen for a while.  Good Times.

Just 18 days ago, that was still a possibility, wow, what a different reality we all face now.  I hope all of you and your families get through this time safely and that i will see you all in September.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Coytee said:

All I gotta say is I hope he's wearing more than a speedo while shaking his vodka....

Congratulations Richard.  You're the first person ever to picture me in a speedo.  I hope it was everything you imagined it would be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It's funny.. I've actually busted my hump the past few weeks to knock out some lingering farm projects - all stuff that was on my radar to make it easier for someone to handle care and feeding of livestock while we were gone. The event cancelled, but the need remained so I just kept ticking away at things.

19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Congratulations Richard.  You're the first person ever to picture me in a speedo.  I hope it was everything you imagined it would be.

Good Lord - whatever breakfast that hasn’t settled in my stomach is quickly reaching my mouth —🤮

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Note to self:  Never try to get a cheap zinger in on Carl.....  he will fillet you with it and not miss a beat.

• Haha 3