SWAG dates moved.

For a  person who has not left my yard in 12  days that  is a very wonderful  fantasy. With the exception of the Speedo comment, which made me gag, it's everything I  hope for when we meet again in a brave new world. It  is going to be different but most of us will be the same. Laws of physics won't have changed and neither will our loudspeakers.

Dave

• Like 3

Pete,

The box of Rare Air was a gift from Scott's wife Paula to me after he died. He & I bought cigars together, and that was part of his last order. I told her that he'd want them shared at the Pilgrimage he missed. I thought I told everyone that they were a gift from him; it was an oversite if I didn't tell you. They were a limited production and we got some of the last. I think I got 3 or 4 boxes, but if I have any left, they are hiding in my walk-in humidor along with some other gems.

I will, however, bring some tasty ones to the gathering.

SSH

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pete H said:

Just 18 days ago, that was still a possibility, wow, what a different reality we all face now.  I hope all of you and your families get through this time safely and that i will see you all in September.  

Pete, come September, I hope you can repeat that post, word for word, and it all be exactly like that!

FWIW, 18 days ago I was nearly done ripping my CDs to FLAC files for my Raspberry Pi DAC project that I was planning to bring.  Took me several weeks to rip around 1400 CDs (lost exact count), but I finished just before we were thwarted by the Wuhan virus!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I'd be leaving the day after tomorrow.  I had bought moving blankets and straps in anticipation of bringing speakers also had a few choice bottles set aside.  I hope they make it to SeptemberB)

A few choice bottles? A few is 3-4, whatcha bringing? I don't want to bring any of the same bourbon, variety is...…..

Although I'm in a lower tax bracket so I really don't have to worry about my selections getting confused with your BTAC and Pappiez

Mark

18 hours ago, Seadog said:

FWIW, 18 days ago I was nearly done ripping my CDs to FLAC files for my Raspberry Pi DAC project that I was planning to bring.  Took me several weeks to rip around 1400 CDs (lost exact count), but I finished just before we were thwarted by the Wuhan virus!

No worries.  I've enjoyed my FLAC collection every day since I finished ripping the CDs/DVDs in 2014.  Having all my music on external HD has been a real treat.

Of course, in Jan 2015 I started my demastering task (which I thought I'd complete before the end of the year...boy, was I off on that estimate.)  I'm still demastering, but enjoying every minute of it...especially listening to the results.  I consider that most of my gain in improving (two channel) sound from my setup is via demastering--not so much the other stuff--although it certainly has helped me greatly in my other "audio reproduction enhancement activities".

Chris

• Like 2

On 3/31/2020 at 12:36 PM, Mallette said:

For a  person who has not left my yard in 12  days that  is a very wonderful  fantasy. With the exception of the Speedo comment, which made me gag, it's everything I  hope for when we meet again in a brave new world. It  is going to be different but most of us will be the same. Laws of physics won't have changed and neither will our loudspeakers.

Dave

Dave,

Get enough of Carls Martinis and you wont mind the speedo !  :D

Rog

13 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

or for you guys to realize that the west is best and move your gig to the west coast.

The snake is long, seven miles
Ride the snake
He's old
And his skin is cold

The west is the best
The west is the best
Get here, and we'll do the rest

The blue bus is callin' us
The blue bus is callin' us
Driver, where you taking us

• Like 1