Why do we allow China to make our meds!

mr clean

11 minutes ago, Randyh said:

but they are extremely cheap to manufacture in China

Which is more important than dealing with a country known for human rights violations and a sworn enemy.  I get it though.  It's not right.  They can hold us hostage any time they want.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Randyh said:

they make the generic drugs  -------mostly , cheap labor ------they close the factories in the USA , to save money , then they cut jobs , and send the product back into the USA ---for us to use -----------sucks but all in the name of the Buck -------dont blame China ---------blame the greedy who could not care less about American workers

Yes they make the generics and thats about all you can get thru your insurance. I don't blame china  either. It just should not be allowed to happen.

China not only makes 90% + - of all generics but supplies most ingredients for US made pharmaceuticals. We’ve allowed them to hold all the cards. And while it’s easy to point blame at our Pharma industry we all enjoy seeing our favored drug companies profits rise in our 401’s etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr clean said:

They make most of the pills we take. I think that is insane. What are your thoughts on this. WHY DO WE ALLOW CHINA TO MAKE OUR MEDS...

Liberal stringent manufacturing guidelines and taxation.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Randyh said:

I don't buy generics ,  my pharmacist told me , that it ain't the same ,  and in some cases , the generic is not as good

My life sustaining Rx just switched to generic... we'll see. I was told that the non active ingredients could change the delivery of the Rx to us thus making it not as effective.

This happened with a lot more than just our drugs.

When was the last time that you bought towels that did not fall apart in less than two years.

I mean ten sets for two people, wash twice a week cold water dry forever with low temp like the tags say. And four or five hundred wasted as they change colors and unravel. My Cannon Royal Velvet towels made in Kannanopolis, NC lasted from the mid 80s until about 2005 or so and they were washed in hot water dried on high temp and only had six sets I think for all those years. Never had a stain on them, with the help of the fake detergent there are makeup and girl goop stains on all of these I've got now. 

NAFTA destroyed the mills here in ACC territory. The cotton threads like denim and everything else too. Tens of thousands put out of work and all I've ever heard about are the steel workers and the rust belt up north of here talked about by the politicians and the talking heads. Over and over.

Did they ever notice that 501s are thinner than tshirts now! Or maybe they think it's OK to spend $500 every few years on f'n towels.

Reagan was the first I voted for and he signed that dam*ed thing didn't he?

*Sorry `bout the rant. The subject of our manufacturing being destroyed from within really ticks me off.

Vote for whomever will rebuild our ability to self-sustain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1

Lots of huge corporations went ‘offshore’ when taxation and regulations made their businesses strained. Even GE left. Anyway the business climate is less stringent now and as we can all witness there’s some big downsides to operating elsewhere. We all knew it was bad news when we watched it happening.