Palladium disassembly

ssmh

There is always hope.

And hoping OP finds  loose connection.

For instance, If was me, would try another 8 ohm tweeter of any variety just to troubleshoot crossover, in the slight chance.

Edited by billybob
Edited

About 15 years when they were released. 

Just don’t know if it’s reasonable to expect a loudspeaker company to keep spare parts indefinitely for discontinued product. 

It’s very possible that the manufacturer of that tweeter either still makes or the model that replaced it.

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

I doubt that some other diaphragm is going to work.  Just about everything for the Palladium series was designed specifically for that line.  I don't think parts were shared with other Klipsch speakers. 

I don't think any Palladium speaker parts were shared with any other speaker brand.

I remember the woofers were custom made by Rohacell. B&W also uses Rohacell.

1 hour ago, Deang said:

About 15 years when they were released. 

Just don’t know if it’s reasonable to expect a loudspeaker company to keep spare parts indefinitely for discontinued product. 

It’s very possible that the manufacturer of that tweeter either still makes or the model that replaced it.

Most manufacturers don't these days.

On 2/2/2024 at 7:15 PM, John Warren said:

It may be possible to remove the transducers from the plastic horn section and find ones that would fit.    

Can you provide photos of the rear of the assembly and, if possible, remove the transducers so we can have a peek?

I will take out the tweeter/mid horn and make photos and show them to you. Maybe someone has an idea to put it some other tweeter or diaphragm which is still available. 

Maybe someone can help me. I tried to remove the cover ring from the top Bass woofer without any success.  I Donut want to scratch the wood or ruin the woofer. But I need to remove it to get to the tweeter. Any idea how to remove that plastic ring? 

I suggest getting an inexpensive set of the plastic tools used for mobile phone repair.  Use one of the plastic pry tools to slowly lift the ring in small increments while progressing around the ring.

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

I suggest getting an inexpensive set of the plastic tools used for mobile phone repair.  Use one of the plastic pry tools...

They are called spudgers, although I have used an old gift card/credit card and thinned a corner so I could remove parts like that.

22 hours ago, MMurg said:

I suggest getting an inexpensive set of the plastic tools used for mobile phone repair.  Use one of the plastic pry tools to slowly lift the ring in small increments while progressing around the ring.

Great idea. Thank you. 

@HenningO  It would be nice to find a direct replacement part but, if Klipsch is out of stock, you should search for an acoustically compatible tweeter with 96db sensitivity.

If it was me, I would build a bracket that MAYBE attaches to the back of the speaker cabinet and can support a tweeter above the top of the cabinet, or a bracket that attaches to the wall behind the speaker and reaches directly about the Palladium and mount this tweeter Aurum Cantus G2Si Ribbon Tweeter (parts-express.com), or a Radian LT 2.2 (and LT 2.2WG waveguide), or something similar.

On 1/28/2024 at 6:52 PM, HenningO said:

Hallo, 

I need to replace the tweeter diaphragm  

Henning , for the Palladium tweeters ,  Klipsch parts replacements were sold as a complete tweeter assembly  

2 hours ago, Deang said:

I suggested the same listing back on page 1 of this thread.  Considering the 8000 Euro investment in the speakers, I thought this was a relatively small price to pay to get them operational again.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 12:49 AM, OO1 said:

Henning , for the Palladium tweeters ,  Klipsch parts replacements were sold as a complete tweeter assembly  

I would buy the complete tweeter assembly but I can't find it anywhere online so far  

17 hours ago, HenningO said:

I would buy the complete tweeter assembly but I can't find it anywhere online so far  

did you take out the tweeter  ?  we can do a few tests  

22 hours ago, OO1 said:

did you take out the tweeter  ?  we can do a few tests  

Not yet. I ordered the necessary little tools and they will hopefully arrive by next Tuesday. As soon I took out the tweeter I'll let you know.