Pictures of your Tube Amplifiers

henry4841

On 7/31/2021 at 4:05 PM, koba said:

Audiolot monoblocks. Based on 6C33C tubes. Made in Ukraine

8.jpg

If these sound as good as they look, I imagine it would be a fantastic experience. I can't seem to find any info about these or Audio Lot. Can you share more? The balanced input is intriguing. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, capo72 said:

If these sound as good as they look, I imagine it would be a fantastic experience. I can't seem to find any info about these or Audio Lot. Can you share more? The balanced input is intriguing. 

These two sound great! Unfortunately the balanced input is not true - just switching  between two connection options.

Here you are http://www.audiolot.com.ua/

Unfortunately I cannot find English version... After having pushed as shown at the pictures you'll get to the old amps they produced

17.JPG

18.JPG

21.JPG

Edited by koba

How do you like that Orchid? I had a Havana for years and now a heavily modified Pagoda that I really love. My son tried an Orchid in his system, but thought it was no better than the onboard DAC in the Node. I found that pretty hard to believe, but we all hear differently.

Shakey

3 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

How do you like that Orchid? I had a Havana for years and now a heavily modified Pagoda that I really love. My son tried an Orchid in his system, but thought it was no better than the onboard DAC in the Node. I found that pretty hard to believe, but we all hear differently.

Shakey

I agree that we all hear differently. I find DACs more alike than different up to a certain price, Once above it they seem to hit another level and most in that level are more alike than different IMHO. I can not see paying the idiotic figures they want for some DACs. I had an 8000.00 DAC in the house I thought was VERY MARGINALLY better than a 1k DAC.

The Orchid is a very good DAC it punches above its price point. I Like the Tube output it smoothes out the edges. Your son is probably in the camp looking for more detail etc... from a DAC I dont think that is where the Orchid excells. It offers a great overall sound without all the digital harshness. If he were looking for a DAC to do that, I am sure he would re-think the Orchid

I like the idea of the Audio Note being an all tube design. it sounds very good, I need to spend more time with them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Back around 2000, I bought an AN DAC 1.1. It replaced a Sonic Frontiers SFD-2. I thought the AN was very good, I bet the 2.1 is even better. I like the sound of non-oversampling DACs and doubt I will go back to a Delta Sigma type again.

Shakey

I am on the fence between the Audio Note and an Audio GD Master 7 (The M7 is set to NOS). The best Delta Sigma type DAC I have ever heard is the PSaudio Perfectwave DaAC MKII..... It honestly has the same traits as the NOS DACs IMHO......................................I could Frankly live  with any of the 4 in house DACs I currently have. I'll Put it this way anyone that knows me will know what this means " I am no longer looking at DACs"  I also sold a VERY nice vinyl setup. I kept getting pulled back into vinyl because digital was always just a bit off. That is no longer the case for me, Now digital causes the hair on the back of the neck to stand up. It just sounds REAL

• Like 3

On 8/12/2021 at 2:02 PM, joessportster said:

Triode Lab AuPre Grande Line stage (Think Finale)

AuPre.PNG

what's up with the triode lab piece?

Ive long been looking at that Chinese/Canadian builder... probably something in the 2A3 range.

do you like it?

7 hours ago, Schu said:

what's up with the triode lab piece?

Ive long been looking at that Chinese/Canadian builder... probably something in the 2A3 range.

do you like it?

I have only had it a few days, So far its very nice. I like it quite a bit. Build Quality seems top notch. Fit & Finish is as good as I have seen, My only peeve is its hard to find info / reviews / manual etc...