Pictures of your Tube Amplifiers

henry4841

My VTA ST120 kit-

Pictured w/ TS 6550's and 5AR4. Now running KT120's, S/S rectifier w/ Autobias, Clear top RCA 12AU7's on the outsides w/ Brimar ECC 82 in the middle. 

IMG_6971_ST120screenshot.thumb.jpeg.18eb6b88dc474c76ef5869bb17944de1.jpeg

Edited by amped
clarification
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

IMG_0024.JPG

Recently added to my Long List of Tube gear over the years, This one is VERY hard to come by and after getting to listen to it I know why they rarely come up for sale. If you see one on the used market DONT WAIT they are THAT GOOD

I took a look in the belly of the beast and was pleasantly surprised to find V-Caps..................Thats how you know no expense was spared in voicing the amp, by Mr. Vaughn

• Like 6

The Little amp that could !!!!!!!!!!!!!  So browsing over on AK I came across this little amp for sale. Its a modified Magnavox 8600 design runs in pure Class A, Is tube rectified and sounds simply amazing, this thing has detail, clarity, resolution, and believe it or not it has great bass. I dare say you will have to spend 1K+ from the normal manufacturers to even get close to the sound this amp produces. 

DGSE1.PNG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2021 at 7:57 AM, joessportster said:

IMG_0024.JPG

Recently added to my Long List of Tube gear over the years, This one is VERY hard to come by and after getting to listen to it I know why they rarely come up for sale. If you see one on the used market DONT WAIT they are THAT GOOD

I took a look in the belly of the beast and was pleasantly surprised to find V-Caps..................Thats how you know no expense was spared in voicing the amp, by Mr. Vaughn

Joe,

How about a pic with the glass installed? It's a looker as is, but show us some bottles!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, joessportster said:

The Little amp that could !!!!!!!!!!!!!  So browsing over on AK I came across this little amp for sale. Its a modified Magnavox 8600 design runs in pure Class A, Is tube rectified and sounds simply amazing, this thing has detail, clarity, resolution, and believe it or not it has great bass. I dare say you will have to spend 1K+ from the normal manufacturers to even get close to the sound this amp produces. 

DGSE1.PNG

I used to think I was the worst I knew. But Joe, you got me beat...........😁

2 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

I used to think I was the worst I knew. But Joe, you got me beat...........😁

Unfortunately I have lots of folks beat 😒.  Sad reality is I would never have known about this hidden GEM had I not taken a chance on it.  That rings true on many bits I consider a bargain in audio. I wish I was closer to folks and could listen by visiting, I had that opportunity in the past but I am more or less SOLO where I live now. If I dont buy it I can hear it. This little amp is one of my best all time IMHO Price paid for sound obtained is ridiculously Low 

23 minutes ago, joessportster said:

Unfortunately I have lots of folks beat 😒.  Sad reality is I would never have known about this hidden GEM had I not taken a chance on it.  That rings true on many bits I consider a bargain in audio. I wish I was closer to folks and could listen by visiting, I had that opportunity in the past but I am more or less SOLO where I live now. If I dont buy it I can hear it. This little amp is one of my best all time IMHO Price paid for sound obtained is ridiculously Low 

— I think we need to talk —😏

I purchased a Citation II.  The important bits and pieces are there and it sounds good but it needs a good going thru.  The chassis is in good shape and the transformers are fine.   

Every other piece, including the boards will be replaced.  I'll restore the entire thing to museum quality and when I die leave it to one of my kids.

Citation_II-1.thumb.jpg.5abf3084898857e05247275e78f16024.jpg  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...