Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Max2 said:

Its one part of knocking the fever down, pretty well documented at this point. I haven't read where anyone here has mentioned a virus cure with an antibiotic

Then why, pray tell, would "we get a fortified Zpak annually as part of a flu shot?

They are not going to give an annual does of antibiotics to the everyone as a prophylaxis, it does nothing to prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2 and they know that makes bacteria more deadly.

There will be a vaccine in a year or less.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Max2 said:

We will add the Covid 19 to the list of the flu season for us and the rest of the world.  We will get a fortified Zpak type drug that will save lives, but not likely a vaccine.

Maybe I misread this, no vaccine but Zpac cocktail that will reduce death rate if you have it?

That certainly is possible, they will know what really works, what doesn't by then.

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, billybob said:

Mentioned this vaccine trial earlier.

Seems they are doing antibodies and Remdesivir work also.:

https://news.emory.edu/stories/2020/03/coronavirus_vteu_modernastart/index.html

There are a lot of those trials going all over the US, it's an overall 5K pt study that will have it through trials.

It's a subtle point, but very important to understand, neither Zpac nor RDV are an anti-viral. What they are doing is improving airway management so that body can get rid of viral load on it's own by slowing down bodies immune system.

• Like 1

• Moderators

If you want to know the facts on any clinical trials in the US, or an US drug in a foreign country, this is the site to go to.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/

They even, believe it or not, have a Covid section. Takes a little more work, no spin, no hype, just facts on what's in the pipeline.

Edit: When I just pulled it up there were 745 studies listed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Max2 said:

We just got a taste of what Africa deals with basically around the clock,

Amen brotha, you sure got that right......  Malaria will stop your clock and doesn't care what age you are or what illness you may or may not have. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gilbert said:

Amen brotha, you sure got that right......  Malaria will stop your clock and doesn't care what age you are or what illness you may or may not have. 

I don't like the wormy thing that gets in your eyes disease.

JJK

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You didn't get the memo?  How about the one where I told everyone to stock up on toilet paper? 

must have been buying a guitar ... if all my guitars turned into bottles of Colonel Taylor, i’d be set for a good while. 

2 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Then why, pray tell, would "we get a fortified Zpak annually as part of a flu shot?

They are not going to give an annual does of antibiotics to the everyone as a prophylaxis, it does nothing to prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2 and they know that makes bacteria more deadly.

There will be a vaccine in a year or less.

It is appearing that it has mutated a fair number of times.  We better not be holding our breath on a vaccine.

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

That was funny.  I’d drink to that ... if i had any booze left.

I thought liquor stores were "Essential"?  Have to keep everyone in a state of zen.  Too bad I can't drink anymore.  I'll have to find something else but it's hard here in TX. 

Maybe I'll have to play Russian Roulette with the Crown.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

I thought liquor stores were "Essential"?  Have to keep everyone in a state of zen.  Too bad I can't drink anymore.  I'll have to find something else but it's hard here in TX. 

Maybe I'll have to play Russian Roulette with the Crown.

i think the liquor stores are open ... just that i haven’t been brave enough to go shopping. I have Asthma so have been playing it as safe as i possibly can. i may WANT to drink, but i don’t NEED to drink.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i think the liquor stores are open ... just that i haven’t been brave enough to go shopping. I have Asthma so have been playing it as safe as i possibly can. i may WANT to drink, but i don’t NEED to drink.

Definitely don't want to mess with it when you already have an underlying lung condition.

• Like 1