Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

1 minute ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

We don't eat many sweets, but we stopped going to restaurants. 

I don't think I've eaten out in a month ... stopped before the virus became an issue. Just started eating at home. Nothing fancy and a nuking a lot of stuff in the microwave. 

if memory serves, you're in Vegas, right?

What's your favorite place to eat there?

I used to go to Vegas often, but haven't been in nearly 10 years. 

4 minutes ago, geoff. said:

When the stores run out of potato chips and chocolate bars I’ll worry...

Chocolate free since 1982.  Although I usually HATE anything crunchy, I do enjoy a BBQ potato chip or better yet, Salt & Vinegar.

Just now, BigStewMan said:

I don't think I've eaten out in a month ... stopped before the virus became an issue. Just started eating at home. Nothing fancy and a nuking a lot of stuff in the microwave. 

if memory serves, you're in Vegas, right?

What's your favorite place to eat there?

I used to go to Vegas often, but haven't been in nearly 10 years. 

Yes, Las Vegas.

Three weeks ago when the CDC said that there will be disruptions, I said go for broke because it may be a while.  Went for tacos at this great place, ordered a bunch.  Ate a few and said let's pack these up and go for frozen custard next door.  Then bough a four pack of apple fritters at the grocery store. Then ordered Thai food the next night.  Then got some carrot cake.  That was the end of it.  The deal was that if all was good the next week we would go again.  A case was confirmed and she did not want to go.  I gained a few pounds.

We eat super healthy.  I keep dark chocolate almonds at the house and only eat two a day.  I have been eating more but I am dropping weight.  I gain weight very easily but our diet keeps us trim even though I am never hungry. 

So the deserts are OK as I don't want to lose any more weight. 

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Chocolate free since 1982.  Although I usually HATE anything crunchy, I do enjoy a BBQ potato chip or better yet, Salt & Vinegar.

Oh mannnnn!  My wife makes chips in the broiler using olive oil and salt and vinegar.  Really good. 

Also sweet potato french fries, broiled with a bunch of spices and olive oil. I LOVE these.  So good.  I make a sauce with ketchup, mayo, sesame oil, garlic and other spices.  It is so good and pretty healthy.  Yummmy. 

• Like 1

when I lived alone, I dropped from 214 to 183. I ate at a place we had all over SoCal called, oh crap I forgot the name of the chain, anyway grilled chicken, rice, veggie bowls. 

and I  would only get brown rice and veggies; or I'd get bean & cheese burritos -- plus walked a lot. 

I didn't keep food at the house AT ALL and I didn't own any dishes.  I had a fork for a while but it rusted.

when my brother got laid off, I told him to move down and live with me.  He rarely eats out, loves to cook, so suddenly the house had food in it all the time. 

I'm back to 214 now (five years later).

oh yeah ... the place is called Flame Broiler.  Not a fancy joint, but not bad.

18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I have no idea what that is.

the grain alcohol linked in the previous post induced flashbacks of grape koolaid and cheap spirits

it was called a purple jesus party because you wound up puking purple and crying for jesus!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, geoff. said:

the grain alcohol linked in the previous post induced flashbacks of grape koolaid and cheap spirits

it was called a purple jesus party because you wound up puking purple and crying for jesus!

sounds like when I was about 20 ... parties would often have some sort of jungle juice which I think was every type of alcohol that you could find poured into some sort of fruit punch.

Banned at my house ... I don't want to hose off vomit the next day. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

when I lived alone, I dropped from 214 to 183. I ate at a place we had all over SoCal called, oh crap I forgot the name of the chain, anyway grilled chicken, rice, veggie bowls. 

and I  would only get brown rice and veggies; or I'd get bean & cheese burritos -- plus walked a lot. 

I didn't keep food at the house AT ALL and I didn't own any dishes.  I had a fork for a while but it rusted.

when my brother got laid off, I told him to move down and live with me.  He rarely eats out, loves to cook, so suddenly the house had food in it all the time. 

I'm back to 214 now (five years later).

oh yeah ... the place is called Flame Broiler.  Not a fancy joint, but not bad.

I find just the opposite.  We keep all junk out of the house and gain weight when we eat out, even healthy food.  One exception, we went hiking in Sedona and lost weight on our trip because the restaurants that we ate at were so healthy and we were hiking every day. 

My mother had a stroke and lived with us for a few months and went crazy over the food here and lost weight.  I keep telling my wife we could be rich is we could market this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

funny .... the alcohol transition.  When I was a freshman in high school it was Boone's Farm.  Then it was Bacardi 151. Then Two Fingers Tequila. Ah, the fun of high school.

Haha.  I have a bottle of Boones farm on display.  Some friends moves and gave us their old alcohol from parties.  I saw it and said we need to keep this.  So cool to have out proudly on display. 

I'm blessed with a metabolism that I can lose weight very quickly. 

cooking at home is very hard for me ... hard for others to understand, but I have a pretty hefty case of OCD and it comes into play when I try to cook ... especially if I'm handling raw chicken (which I don't anymore).  Constantly afraid that I'll contaminate some surface and get someone sick.  

When I got divorced, I ate out EVERY meal EVERY day for nearly a decade and lost 40 pounds. 

2 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Haha.  I have a bottle of Boones farm on display.  Some friends moves and gave us their old alcohol from parties.  I saw it and said we need to keep this.  So cool to have out proudly on display. 

do they even make that stuff anymore?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

...but I have a pretty hefty case of OCD and it comes into play when I try to cook ... especially if I'm handling raw chicken (which I don't anymore).  Constantly afraid that I'll contaminate some surface and get someone sick.  

A little respect, a little religion, and a little OCD will get you through the day.

If everyone had your OCD for raw meat we ALL wouldn’t be in this mess today!

• Thanks 1